Chapter 1

I walked out of NYU with dried tears on my face. I had to throw away all my hard work from high school and 2 years of college because I had no money left. Why did I suddenly have no money left? Well you see my grandparents house burned down, and since they didn't believe in banks, so did my college fund. My parents said they could buy loans, but I knew that would just mean kissing goodbye to their retirement. And since I had a lot longer to live than they did I decided to take on all the responsibilities and find a job myself.

Hi, I'm Cat. I'm 20 years old. I'm 5'5, dirty blonde, and green eyed.

After I left the college building, I saw a and old lady carrying this baby crying so loud that I could have sworn it would wake up this whole city.

  I used to babysit my neighbors kid growing up. It taught me to love babies.   

I ran up to her and decided to help, unlike the rest of the people walking by.  Once I put the child in my arms it calmed down right away. I smiled and the nanny started to walk away.
"WAIT!" I screamed at her.
"I've been done since my first day of taking care of that child! That dad is f$ked up!" She said.
Soon her grey puff of hair disappeared into the crowds of the city.
What am I going to do? I thought. I don't even know who's kid this is.

I assumed that she came out of the giant apartment building right across the street from school so I thought my best guess would be to look in there. I walked into the lobby which was adorned with  three chandeliers and beautiful architectural design. 

I went to the front desk and asked the bell hop if he knew this child.
The old man said,"Of course! You must be the new nanny! Carla looked like she was dying taking care of that child! He lives at the 50th floor!"
"Ok!" I said.

I needed a live in job. I hope that the father of this child would just assume that I was the new hire and that I would be a live in. 

I approached the door to the floor slowly. There was only one door in the hallway because it was the penthouse.
The door opened.
My mouth was agape the second this man opened the door. He had no shirt on and was sweating. Clearly he had been exercising by his attire and the ear pods he was holding. His hard-looking abs were 6-pack defined and his skin was  a beautiful tanned brown. I probably was staring at him for 3 solid minutes before he spoke

"So where's Carla?"

"Oh well she left and gave me your son after interviewing me and approving me for the job."

"Dammit I knew she was going to quit! Come in and put Josh in his room just down the hall to the left."

I walked down and put the now sleeping Josh in his room, which was bigger than three times my dorm room.  He was only a baby what did he even need all this space for? 
I walked out of his room to see his father on the phone. He quickly hung up and looked at me.
"You've got the job."
"What?!? You don't even know me! Did Carla call? She must have called."
" I know you. Your name is Catherine  Ann Middlestone and you're an NYU drop out."
"How do you know that!?!"
"That doesn't matter, now go get your things. You can move in to the room that is to the right of Josh's. I'll have my butler Charles assist you with all the arrangements. Now I have to go I have a...a...a work emergency." He said while walking
"Wait! I don't even know your name!"
"It's Luca."