𝙱𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚋𝚘𝚊𝚛𝚍

================================

Day 26/²
Time : 1:³⁰ pm

I sank into the corner booth of the restaurant and sighed while watching Childe polish the counter of the bar. The last couple have days were pretty awkward ever since him and Janet intruded on me and Thoma being a little too physical, and that ginger was especially bummed out. Even now  the utter horror that was carved into his face was pretty clear he was more offended than disgusted over the situation. He did not even look at me when we talked about his contract two days ago, heck he was probably even glaring at me for the whole hour of our small meeting. In the end I managed to convince Janet into changing the waiter's outfit into something more modest, however she seemed to have been absentminded half way through the conversation.

***

I took an aggressive sip of my latte as I waited for the new chief Janet had told me about to arrive. Looking back at her file I flipped through it again sluggishly.

Name: Xiangling
Occupation: high-school-student
Age: 16
Position applied for: Head Chief.

Apparently she had won several competitions against master chiefs in live tv shows and scored the first among the students at Lyiue's Culinary Art School. She has some experience at restaurants since her father owns a small place near Lyiue's Harbor, which was interesting considering that State was famous for its historical sights and being the nation's center of trade. Currently, she was searching for a temporarily job, and that was good enough for me at the moment.

I shifted my attention back to Childe as he finished up with cleaning the dusty glass slots for the wine bottles, before Thoma walked in from the dining room's entrance with a box of  wine, followed by the delivery man who walked up to me instantly with clipboard in hand. Childe eyed him with disgust and did not even try to hide his displeasure. "Ma'am can you please sign right here?" The delivery guy shifted my attention; he was tall with silver white hair and in brown oversized pants accompanied by a white top with the words Angel's Share written over it, perhaps he was in his mid or late thirties. " Ma'am ?"

Snapped out of my thoughts I signed the corner of the clipboard, before watching him scurry out and back in repeatedly while carrying boxes of several beverages. However, when the door opened again it was not the delivery guy again with his towers of cardboard. Accompanied by a lovely woman in a long and deep purple dress that spilled down her perfect frame like liquid, Kaeya walked in with a perfect black eye-patch covering his left eye completely and standing straight as if he was not the same guys  strapped to a hospital bed  just a few days ago. The older lady next to him had her arm hooked to his as if he were some rich aristocrat, which was really odd considering the way our first meeting turned out. The woman's mossy green eyes settled on me curiously and god she was unspeakably drop-dead gorgeous. She caressed the bow pinned to her long hazel hair, that lightly rested on her bare shoulders , before making her way to me

   Kaeya however, was just in leather pants and an oversized ocean blue shit unbuttoned all the way down to his pecs, offering a teasing peek of what's under that shirt . . . And that's where I stopped. I tore my eyes away and sank deeper into the booth hoping to disappear, but the pretty lady only walked to me with a scary-looking smile on her blood-red lips. " I'm Lisa ~ pleased to meet you cutie ~" she elbowed Kaeya in the side, shooting him a knowing look, before slipping next to me and getting a little too close for comfort. " I'm actually a really good friend of Kaeya's and he filled me in on how you helped him out."

" Please to meet you ma'am, um, how did you find me?" I shook her politely outstretched hand, and had a million questions about how her boobs still managed to stay in her dress despite the collar of her dress hanging by two straps that connected to the flowery purple choker on her neck.