Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Every one who has been caught in a friend dilemma, and had to make a desision th

I pushed myself to my feet and stormed out of the track area. Anger bubbled inside me and I felt my face go red. this was so unfair! How could she! I hurried down the muddy sidewalk my hair falling around my shoulders. I practically leaped up to the front door and shoved it open. I hurried upstairs and sat down on my bed. I titled my head to one side. Tomorrow, tomorrow, Joy Lockman would not be the queen of the school anymore, me, Ranyae Jasper would be the new queen of the school. Thinking about this calmed me. I kicked off my shoes and fell quickly asleep.

The next morning I opened my eyes a wide sly smile spread across my face. Excited about what lay ahead I changed into black leggings with a black mini skirt and a white red striped tang top with one shoulder strap missing. I lathered red lipstick on my lips and but white blush over my freckles so they almost disappeared completely. I slipped on my black high heels boots and headed downstairs. I gulped down my English Muffin and walked out into the crisp cool air. Tossing my hair as causally as I could I waited by the bus stop. I put a tiny smile on my lips and gripped my purse. I heard footsteps and turned. I met the sparkling eyes of Joy. "You look amazing Raynae!" Joy couldn't hide the shock in her tone. Smiling grimly I asked her hug before shoving her away a little to hard. She stumbled back her blond hair falling from her loose bun. She looked up startled. "Ranyae you ok?" She asked her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

"Peachy." I snapped with a pinch to my mouth. I turned quickly around and danced onto the bus. This time no rude grunts and sniffles filled my ears but soft whistles and gasps of shock. I slid into the very back seat and glanced out the window. Joy slid in next to me making me look briefly at her. "You know Joy, I don't think it's good that we're friends." I kept the scorn out of my tone not meeting the surprised eyes of my ex-best friend.

"Why?" She asked bewildered. Now head were turned in our direction and eyes popped open wide.

"Just because." I bit my bottom lip and finally turn towards her.

"Is there something wrong?" Some sweat began to drip off Joys forehead.

"Joy Lockman, you know what there is something wrong." I smiled again slyly my eyes slightly narrowed. Beads of sweat laced Joy's face.

"What is that Raynae?" Just then the bus jerked to a stop in front of the school. Damn. I wasn't fast enough. Shane was one of the many people watching us and he hurried off the bus followed closely by Joy. I smiled again smugly and stood up. June and Hope trailed on my heels complementing my clothes. When I stepped off the bus I heard Joey and his friends, Jake, Carter, and Edward whistling. Starr Ford hurried over to me crooning over my shoes.

"Guys back off." I grinned and waved them away. This was great. Milly Loid grabbed Starr and Hope and hauled them away talking excitedly. Seeing June still staring at my black leather purse I waved her away pressing my lips together. One of my close friends, Emma Harkins hurried towards me her long tangled blond hair falling down her back.

"What happened to you?" Emma gasped in shock her eyes popping.

"Just a little make over." I grinned showing my perfect teeth. "Now you need one to, Emma." I grabbed Emma's hand and hauled her to the girls bathroom. I took a barett and fastened it in her hair. Smiling widely I gave her a pink dress with black leggings and high heels. "Now go change into this." Emma nodded and I walked out of the room leaving her to change. Then the door made a small notice as it opened. I turned around my mouth falling open in sheer shock. The girl that stood before me was not the girl I saw go into the bathroom. The tight dress framed Emma's skinny body perfectly and the black leggings went perfectly against her pale skin. A shy smile spread across her face.

"How do I look?" She said in a small voice.

"Amazing." I winked at her. I grabbed her hand and together we walked down the long hallway of staring eyes.

As I sat down in third period, Math I noticed Jack Nucome staring again but who wasn't. The memory of Shane and Joy burned in the back of my mind. Payback. I was gonna make Shane Loid feel as jealous as I felt when I saw my best friend and my crush hooking up. Maybe hooking up wasn't the word but right now anything I could use against him, and her the better. I brushed my brown bangs out of my eyes and batted them at Jack. He seemed faltered and a small smiled tugged at the corners of his lips. Now that I really looked he did look quite well beautiful. His flawless jaw bones curved slight framing his perfect light pink lips. His stunning dark brown eyes met my gaze and my heart faltered like it did when I stared into Shane's eyes except Jack's were more compelling. Then the sharp voice of Mr.Spark shocked my out of my thoughts. I turned my attention towards the teacher. His trimmed white beard and dropping cheeks and eyes matched perfectly with his pearl white hair and arm flab. He lacked the muscle of a lot of other teacher who were young and snappy, like Mrs.Lands. She has a thin frame and face with beaty gray eyes. I shivered as I thought about her and caught Mr.Spark looking at me a unamused glint to his eyes. He was good at spotting people who's thoughts were elsewhere. I let a small fake smiled spread across my face and her grunted and continued blabbing on and on about something.