A Touch From Beyond Ch 4

White light brought me back from beyond.  I opened my eyes wearily and blinked in the brightness.  Where was I?  I stood up and stretched.  There was an itch under my chin but when I raised my hand to scratch it, it went right through the flesh.  What?  How was that even possible?

Then I remembered.  The knife, the man, the cellar.  Everything clicked into place:  I was dead.

In front of me were two doors; identical in almost everything.  The only difference was the light.  The door on the right emanated a golden white glow while the left one shone almost black.  Where did they lead to?  I knew at once what I had to do.  I had to decide which one to go through.  The golden door would take to to my rest, where I would be at peace forever, but the black one would take me back to the place I really didn't want to be; his cellar.  The choice I had to make was simple.  Should I leave the world for good and, literally rest in peace, or should I return as a ghost, a being without a true life, to try and stop the murderer who had killed me and save potentially dozens of other girls.  In my mind, what I had to do was clear.

Without hesitation, I strode forward confidently and placed my hand on the door-handle.  It did not slip through like it had through my neck, but rather remained there, firm and strong as I pushed it down and opened the door.  With a deep breath and an apprehensive gulp, I entered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, really short chapter but it was one of the hardest things I have had to write in a long time.  Things should hopefully get better from here though so keep reading and tell your friends to vomment (vote and comment) and fan.  Thanks XD