Chapter 49 - Into The Wrong Hands

Start from the beginning

"Why are you killing innocent people?! That's wrong! Absolutely wrong and stupid! Think about your actions! And Hotaru is a person! He needs his freedom and doesn't deserve to be treated poorly for you! He needs to choose his own decisions!" I yelled, but in exchange he just laughed at my outburst like it was some kind of joke. What an asshole.

"Killing people is my hobbies. It helps me to calm my nerves, but at the same time it gets me excited!" he grinned and walked towards me.

"Killing people my ass."

"For your information... Hotaru is not a person." he turned his grin more maliciously.

"He is a person! He's human! Just like you and me! How is he not a person?!"

"Tsk tsk... you have bad eyesight. You're delirious if you think of him like that. Or of me, my dear sweet Cynthia. He's not human.... he's a demon but in human form."

"W-What..."

"That's right... he's a demon, a soulless and heartless tool. He doesn't have a heart but a loner, a creature of pain and torture to kill. He's darkness himself and will never go into the light, like me. I am his Master of all darkness. I created him out of my shadows... he will never listen to you. You're just a stupid girl of whose power I am hungry for. I need you. Your power alone."

"You're wrong... demon or no demon... everyone can have a heart and nurture feelings. Darkness can turn into light even if it's a little, light will find its way through darkness. When I fought him earlier, his eyes told me otherwise. He dos have a heart, he's just forced to obey to you just because your his master. No one should be able to go through that! I will never let you have your way or my powers!"

"Hahahahahaha, seriously? That's the stupidest trash that I've ever heard. Such wisdom you have." he clutched onto his side as he gave out a cruel laugh but held a glare after. I clenched my hands into fists, my jaw tightening as I gave him one of my deadliest stares that I've never given. "You amuse me... If you obey to me, I would consider of letting you go."

"Sounds easy enough to me... What's the catch, you dumbass?"

"You are to stay in my chambers until then." he grinned.

"Like hell I would. I'd rather stay in here than being in your room." I spat in disgust but I got slapped in the process. The pain from his slap was stinging my cheek, it was probably swollen already. It hurted like hell. I winced every time I moved my jaw and I felt slight tears to come out from my eyes.

"Did it hurt?" he smirked and slowly caressed my cheek that was swollen where he slapped.

"..."

"Good. Stay quiet like that or I would to rip your tongue out."

"Bastard..."

"What was that?"

"I called you a bastard. Are you deaf?" I choked a laugh to see him glare.

"Don't defy me, you idiotic girl. I am a mage of most utter evil and I am capable of killing you with my bare hands right now, if that is what you wish." he sneered.

"Most utter evil...? Don't tell me you're..."

"That's right my dear. I am one of Zeref's creations. I am known as Master Kurai. I am to distinguish and get rid all purity and goodness. Which is why I have chosen you as a sacrifice."

"Sacrifice you say? You wish."

"Oh? But I already did. You're in the hands of evil. Your powers are of great magic that bears Light and Enlightenment. I've watched you through the games... you are impressive. And that my dear Cynthia...your light magic will help me achieve my goal."