Part 2: He's Back?

The day had come. How was it possible that the mere thought of Caleb's presence made me dread the day ahead? I had managed to live my whole life trying to ignore and avoid him, and seeing as we weren't exactly on good terms, it wasn't like we were relevant to each other anyway. Logically, that would mean his presence in my school wouldn't have the slightest effect on me whatsoever, however a voice at the back of my mind kept warning me that what would happen was just the opposite.

"Really Abbie? Don't you have nicer clothes?" My mum sighed, looking up from her coffee.

I rolled my eyes, pouring myself a cup. "What do you mean? I like this outfit." I was wearing a black ribbed sleeveless crochet top, black skinny jeans with cuts all over and a pair of black peep toe lace up heeled booties.

"Black. You chose to dress in all black for the first day of school?" She asked. "Are you going to a funeral?"

"Yeah, my own." I muttered into my coffee.

"What was that?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Are you going to school with Dan today?" She asked.

"Nope. I'm actually giving Bella a lift." I told my mum looking at the kitchen clock. "So I should probably start going." I kissed my mum on the cheek, grabbed my black fringed leather biker jacket and practically ran out of the house.

Bella only lived down the road from me and she was waiting at the end of her driveway when I arrived. "Who died?" She asked, as she got in.

I rolled my eyes. "Why is everyone picking on my outfit today?"

"Because you look like you're going to a funeral." She laughed.

"You might be going to mine soon." I told her.

Her head snapped in my direction. "What the hell are you talking about? Are you okay?"

"Caleb is back." I let the words slip before I could stop myself.

"As in Spears?" She exclaimed.

I nodded, keeping my eyes on the road. "Is there any other Caleb?"

"How? What? When?" She stuttered.

"I was over at Dan's yesterday and he just joined us at the table for dinner." I told her. "He came yesterday morning."

"Is he coming to school?" She asked.

"Yeah." I sighed. "I mean, his mum says he will, but we all know that Caleb Spears is going to be seen only when he wants to be seen at school."

"How does Dan feel about all of this?"

"He's devastated." I told her. "He doesn't know what to do and I really want to help him but I don't know how."

I cut the engine and got out of the car, having Bella follow me. Bella knew everything about me, including my hatred for Caleb. She knew that this was going to be a disaster for me.

Grace was already at the lockers when we got there. "Wow guys, I get it, it's the first day of school and everything but it's really not that depressing."

"Good morning to you too." Bella glared.

"You two look like you've seen a ghost. Especially you Abs, what the hell happened?" Grace asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but noticed Grace's eyes leave me and focus on something behind me as her jaw dropped. And at that point as I looked around, I noticed everyone was staring back in the direction of the front doors. I turned around and rolled my eyes. Of course, the new sensation has arrived.