Meeting the Family. Oh and of course- We make some Lovely Enemies

Start from the beginning

"Is she even Italian?" Rosalie scowled behind me.

I tsked. I had become the mother of the group of course, long before Emmett decided to tease me about it and I looked at her.

"Her name is Bella." Emmett said in a voice that meant 'duh'.

I snorted, and then let out a little laugh. "Emmett that doesn't mean anything. I'm not Scottish or Hebrew and my name is Davina."

"Actually it's mamma bear, but ya know." Emmett muttered.

"I'm sure she'll love it no matter what." Carlisle said from behind me, his chin resting on my shoulder, watching me cook.

Suddenly, they all froze a little and Rosalie said, "Whew, get a whiff of that."

"Rose." I muttered darkly. Bella must be here.

"Here comes the human." Rose continued.

I sighed.

Esme walked across the kitchen to greet Edward and Bella as they appeared and she said, "Bella, we're making Italiano for you."

"Bella, this is Esme, our Aunt." Edward introduced the two of them.

Esme and Bella conversed in Italian for a second while Carlisle called over his shoulder- not willing to let me go- "You've given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time."

"Well, if I stay over lots of night I get to use it for breakfast too." I said, grinning up at him.

"Davina?" Bella's voice was clearly surprised and I stood on my tiptoes to wave at her from my position between the stove and Carlisle.

"I hope you're hungry." Esme said.

"I am." I muttered under my breath, transferring the meat to the platter, turning off the stove, moving to the island so I can eat.

"Yeah absolutely." Bella said as I walked to stand next to Rosalie.

"She already ate." Edward said at the same time.

The was a crashing sound as Rosalie smashed the bowl in her hands. I flinched away from her and Carlisle was there in an instant, pulling me backwards, checking me for any wounds from the glass- there weren't any.

Rosalie walked- in her heels, to stand in front of Bells and Edward. "Perfect."

"Rose." I hissed under my breath while Emmett walked over to be near Rosalie.

"Yeah, it's just because I know you guys don't eat. . ." Bella said, looking completely awkward.

"Of course. It's very considerate of you." Esme said as Carlisle went to stand next to his sister.

"Just ignore Rosalie. I do." Edward muttered.

"Edward!" I protested. "That isn't helping anything!"

"Yeah." Rosalie said sharply and as they were all ignoring me, I turned my back, going to the table and stared at the food unhappily. "Let's just keep pretending that this isn't dangerous for all of us."

"I would never tell anybody anything." Bella protested.

"She knows that." Carlisle said, placing a hand on Esme's shoulder.

"Yeah well, the problem is, you two have gone public now, so. . ." Emmett added.

"Emmett." Esme protested.

"No, she should know. The entire family will be implicated if this ends badly." Rosalie said, her voice shaking and I knew if she could cry, she'd probably be crying angry tears.