Chapter One: Becoming

{Your P. O. V. }

I was out getting groceries for my family. I was walking to the store. Suddenly, I was knocked down. Once my vision cleared, I saw that a brunette teenage boy was pinning me. He was looking at me. "You'll do well," he said go me. I was confused and nervous. I tried to get out of his grasp. He pushed down on my chest. I was trying to breathe. He was strong. It wasn't normal and all. He kept pushing down. I gasped again. Then, everything went black.

I woke up. Once my vision cleared, I realized that I was tied up. Then I remembered what had happened. I began to try to get out. But it wasn't working. I was struggling. I saw the brunette teenage boy again. "Mmm, you are well. I shall do it before someone finds us." He said.

What's 'it'? I thought to myself. "This will hurt," he said to me. He moved my (h/c) hair away from my neck. Then, I felt sharp teeth bite my neck. I screamed in pain. It hurt really bad. The boy pulled away from my neck. I suddenly began to shake violently. The center line of my shirt ripped. My shirt got rips in them. I began to cough up blood. My lungs began to grow. I screamed again. Then, everything went black.

I woke up and fluttered my eyes open. I remembered that my birthday was tomorrow. I felt . . . Different. I couldn't describe it. I realized that I was in a room. The boy from earlier came in the room. He was looking at me. I noticed how beautiful his eyes were. "W-What am I doing here?" I asked him. I was nervous and a little scared.

"First off, I'm Eren. You are a vampire." He told me. I gasped. What? No, Vampires don't even exist.

"No. I'm not. I don't know what sick game you are playing. But, know this, Eren, you do not want play this prank--" I was saying to him. He picked up a large square mirror and held it in front of me. I gasped. My eyes were no longer (e/c). They were red.

"What happened to my eyes?" I asked as I looked at myself in the mirror. I could only whisper.

"I'm not sure. This hasn't happened to anyone else. Do you remember who you are?" He asked me.

"Kind of. I don't remember my name, though." It was true. I forgot my name and my parents. "Why don't I remember my name or my parents?" I asked Eren.

"I read in a book that it sometimes happens when people are changed."

"S-So I really am a vampire?" I asked, breathless.

"Yes. You honestly are." He replied as we looked into each other's eyes. I now knew that he was telling me the truth.

"Okay. What's my name and who are my parents?" I asked him.

"Um, I don't know who your parents are, or your name." He said. I frowned. "But, how about we call you something until your memory comes back.

"It comes back?" I asked happily as you grinned. He nodded.

"It does. But none of us know when. It comes at different times, depending on the person. Some vampires have been a vampire for a year and they still don't remember." He explained.

My happiness faded. "Oh. . ." I said sadly.

"But I'm not saying that I know it won't. Because yours could come back. I don't know, though." He told me.

"Okay. What should I be called until--or if--it returns?" I asked him.

"Hmm . . . How about '(Y/n)'?" He suggested.

"'(Y/n)'?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah. The name suits you. Do you like it?" He asked me.

I kept repeating the name in my head. Then, I smiled and said, "Yeah. I like it."

"Okay. You will be '(Y/n)', then." He told me with a nod.

I nodded back, "Alright." I smiled.

"If anyone asks you if that's your real name, just say that it is. Understand?"

I nodded in understanding.

"Okay. Mikasa left some clothes on the table for you to wear. After all, your shirt has rips in it." He said to me. I looked down at my shirt. He was right. I began to blush.

"What?" I suddenly heard him ask. I looked up at him, still blushing. "You're blushing," he said to me.

"So?" I asked, blushing even more.

"Vampires don't blush," he told me.

"W-What?" I asked him.

"You aren't one hundred percent vampire." He told me.

I was so confused. In a flash, he was away from me. "Run to me," he told me.

"Wait--" I began to protest.

"Do it," he ordered. I did so. I ran at normal human speed. Once I reached him, he was away from me in a flash. "Vampires have super speed," he told me.

Then, he appeared in front of me again. Before I could do anything, he brushed my (h/c) hair away from my neck. "There's bite marks, so I did bite you." He murmured. Then, he moved his hand away. He picked me up bridal style and in a quick second, we were somewhere else. "Walter!" Eren called out, still holding me bridal style.

A man who looked about thirty  came out. He had light blonde hair. "Walter, I changed her--" Eren was saying to the man.

"Eren!" The man interrupted, scolding Eren.

"I know," Eren said. "But, she blushes!"

The man's eyes widened in surprise for a moment. Then, he replied, "Come, Eren. Lay her down."

Eren walked to a bed thing and laid me down on it. Then he went behind it. I sat up. I didn't want to lay down. The man went to me and smiled kindly at me. "Hello. I'm Walter. You are?"

"(Y/n)," I replied.

"Well, (y/n). Do you know that you are--?" He was asking me.

I interrupted, "A vampire? Yes, I do know." I told him.

"Okay. I am one, too. Do you know that vampires are not supposed to blush?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"Well, you do blush. I am going to see why that is." He told me.

"Okay," I said. "Eren told me that I am not one hundred percent Vampire."

I saw Walter quickly glare at Eren before looking back at me. I didn't see Eren's reaction to Walter's glare. "(Y/n), I'm going to make you fall asleep. Once you smell something weird once you have a mask thing on, breathe the smell in." He told me. I nodded in agreement.

He put the mask on me. I began to smell something that smelled kind of like rubber. I breathed in smell. Once I did, I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep.

{Eren's P. O. V. }

(Y/n) has been asleep for almost two hours. I was watching her sleeping form. She looked absolutely beautiful. Her (h/c) hair was spread out as her face was on the left side as she slept.
She was beautiful. No, I don't like her that way! You don't even really know each other! I quickly looked away from her before Walter could have seen that I was looking at her.

"Eren," I heard Walter speak. I looked at him. "You should go to the café." He told me. "Your friends are there."

I nodded, "Okay." I left and went to the café.