More Rafael (Coral Island) Pt. 1

Hey ho, this is a 2 part fic I'm working on with my self insert farmer and Rafael from Coral Island. Tis the first part!

--

Summary:
After meeting with Rafael and hearing his excitement over tevandium lit a fire under Honey's ass. They wanted to get him some, needed to get him some. And they would do anything to get it.

--

The hot summer sun bared down on Honey as they worked their morning chores on the farm. ‘After this, I can go to mine and look for it again..’ they thought as their chickens clucked about in the coop. They picked up the last eggs; the basket holding them all felt heavier than usual. It had been a few months since Honey had first gotten the trio of feather friends, so their trust in the farmer must be getting stronger. Honey smiled to themself at the thought and headed out to open the hatch for the chickens to roam freely in the makeshift pen with the cattle.

A mental to-do list popped up in Honey’s head, and they began checking everything off. The crops? Watered. Fishes in the pond? Fed. Excess trash? Cleaned up. All the artisan machines? Checked and taken care of. Then finally, the cattle and chickens. Fed, produce harvested, affection given, and let out into the respective pasture area. They sighed and returned inside to put the excess eggs and milk into the refrigerator. “Well, time to go digging again. Hopefully, this time, I can find it..” Trailing off, they gathered their necessary tools to mine and not die from the dangerous monsters there.

On the way to the mines, they saw their usual fellow townsfolk; Jack worked out front finishing up his ranching duties, and his son Kenny was helping out as well. Kenny smiled, waved to the farmer, and stopped them for a moment, receiving a bit of a huff from Jack. “Hey! You’ve been going around here a lot, huh?” His smile faltered a bit as he looked them over; the tiredness of work was evident in them. Honey nodded, “, Yeah, I’ve been needing a lot of materials from the caves to upgrade things around the farm. My luck has been terrible, though.” That was a lie; almost everything they needed was up to date. Joko and Dinda were always kept busy with their new buildings and house upgrades, not that they were complaining.

Kenny was attempting to read them; he had gotten closer to Honey but never could gauge them. He nodded and held up a finger for them to wait as he dug into his satchel. Soon after, he held out a small drink, “This is just something to help you. Take it easy in there, alright? Mom should be out there for a bit, so if you need help… I’m sure you can get her help.” Cautiously the farmer reached out to him and took the drink, then slipped it into a small pouch on their side. “Thank you, Ken. I’ll make sure to be safe, don’t be overworked either. I know Jack keeps you busy.”

At the mention of his name, Jack shouted from across the way, “I heard that! Kenny, get back to helping me out here.” Kenny sighed, fiddled with the strap of his back, and tipped his hat to Honey, “And that’s my sign to get back to work. See ya around.” He lifted his hand in a slight wave and turned back around to avoid further chastizing from Jack. Honey smiled and waved back, shouting to the older gentleman, “Don’t work too hard either, Jack!” With that, they continued their adventure off to the mines.

The day before, they had made some decent headway on the look for the particular material they were aiming for. Kenny gave them a slight sense of renewed hope in succeeding even though he didn’t know the whole truth about the extra work. Maybe if they can get it today, they can boast about it to him next time. Honey pondered the thought and stopped in front of the cavern’s entrance. There was a moment of silence as they did some mental hyping themself up to counteract the high probability of failure, yet again. “I will find that tevandium today….”

“Tevandium? Why would you want anything like that old myth.” An older woman’s voice spooked Honey as they jumped around, looking at the speaker. A sigh of relief passed over as it was just Kira; she stood a bit confused but smiled a little with amusement from the reaction elicited by her neighbor. “Don’t go telling me you have been out here every day for the past month looking for that stuff.” Kira’s stern look bore through Honey; her stare was like any mother’s; no use lying to her. Honey’s shoulders slumped in defeat, and they nodded, looking off to the side, a bit embarrassed being caught like that.