Chapter one

From a very young age Rhaella felt closer to her father than she had her mother. She felt she had the blood of the sea and salt running through her veins more than the blood of the dragon. She wore the house Velaryon's color of blue and was loved deeply but that side of her family. To lord Corlys, she was his only true grandchild and would surely be the heir to driftmark and the next Lady of the tides.

Although only having ten and two name days and being two year older than you oldest brother, Jacaerys she felt the need to always protect her brothers. She knew that they we not fully her brothers, not only based on their eye and hair color but also her skin color making her feel alone more times than not but nonetheless she would be damned if anyone called them bastards. She even went as fair as taking on of her maids tongues for it, she of course got an earful because of it from her mother but her father made sure to let her know that he was proud.

Rhaenyra always seemed to leave her daughter out of things, being the oldest she felt that she simply didn't need much love from her mother when she already got so much from her father and his side of the family. She always kept her boys close making sure they could want for nothing and sheltering them from the inevitable truth that they were of Strong blood.

So it was no shock that after countless birthing hours Rhaella was once again along, not only did she have another brother but he had the same brown eyes and hair as her other two. Just as Rhaella was getting a good look at her new brother a maid comes rushing in with a worried expression.

"The queen has requested that the child be brought to her immediately. " She spoke quickly, Rhaella's eyes quickly shooting to her mother.
"I'll take him myself." Her mother said as she struggled to stand.

"But mother should you be abed." Rhaella asked.

"I should." She yelled, her face quickly softening as she realized that she was directing her anger at some who didn't deserve it. "Would you help me?" Her mother ask to which Rhaella was quick to her side. As much as it seems liked her mother didn't enjoy her presence, Rhaella knew she was just speaking out of anger.

Just as Rhaenyra was stuffed into her dress Leanor burst through the doors. The smile on his face contagious bringing a smile to the face of his daughter. "A boy. I've just heard." He exclaimed taking his place at his daughters side, where he always was and would always stay.

"Where are you going?" He questioned his wife to which he didn't get answer.

"She wants to see him." Rhaella told and he quickly followed his daughter, son, and wife up the stairs of the red keep.

Whilst the group were walking, Rhaella thought of how terribly her mother was treated. After hours of giving birth she was being forced to walk up several flights of stairs, just to prove the legitimacy of her son who wasn't even legitimate, it seem to be torture.

Entering the room, Queen Alicent acted as though she cared that she dragged Rhaenyra out of bed causing Rhaella to roll her eyes.

As her mother takes a seat, Rhaella's gransire walks into the room. Immediately Rhaella is shooting up to assist him as he walks in.

"What happy news this morning" he announces.

As Leanor hands her brother to Viserys, Rhaella notices how Alicent gets at look at the top of his head.

"Did you name the babe yet?" Alicent asked. Leanor had promised that he would bring up Rhaella's name idea to Rhaenyra but her mothers respond confirms that he hadn't.

"We haven't spoken-"

"Joffrey. Rhaella and I chose it as soon as we were told you were with child. He'll be called Joffrey." While Rhaenyra looked quite upset everyone else in the room smiled brightly at home much Rhaella already cared for her younger brother.