Käärijä reacts to Eurovision songs 2023

Not a super long one to start, but we have to start somewhere. Based on the UMK video of Käärijä reacting to his Eurovision competitors. In English, but it is not my first language (and neither is Finnish), so bare with me.

—------------------------------------------------

"Hello, it's Käärijä here", said the rapper as he waved to the camera. Jere felt a small og second hand embarrassment from sounding like a YouTuber, but continued on. No minor embarrassment was going to stop him from having fun. "I'm going to watch some of the Eurovision songs this year and react to them. I want to see if there's any competition - I'm not sure if there is, but I think there will be surprises!" Oh had he known, before sitting down to make this video, that there would definitely be surprises.

In his goofy nature, unable to contain his excitement, he started wiggling his fingers in the air, slowly going for the play bottom on the computer. "So, let's start".

Käärijä rubbed his hands together. "First, we have Austria! - In Finnish "Itävalta"", he said before playing the video.

Teya and Salena appeared on screen, and within the first few seconds, Käärijä was already moving to the music. Very hip moving! A great beat that Käärijä just couldn't sit still to.

"This is a contender!", exclaimed Käärijä. "I found the one right away!" Käärijä had no doubt. This song was an absolute banger, and he would not hide his enjoyment. "Go Austria!" he yelled while dancing. "12 points goes to Austria!" To be honest, he was doubting if there would be any songs better than the one he just had heard. Yet again, he was in for a surprise.

"Then, it's our neighbor Sweden. Show them how it's done Loreen!"

Loreen's performance at Melodifestivalen started playing, and Käärijä couldn't help but notice her long nails. Dear lord, he would go crazy if it was him wearing those. Yet they looked cool. Maybe he should actually get some, the more he thought about it.

The song was gaining momentum and he could feel it. "Hey, it's quite an empowering song", he noticed right as Loreen sang the Tattoo part. Käärijä couldn't help himself, he just had to try singing that. Yup, too high for him. But it was good! He had to admit it. Loreen was very good! No Käärijä, but definitely very good.

Her final chores came on, and Käärijä once again had to admit it was good. No doubt Loreen had talent, and she could definitely sing! There it was, his biggest competition this year.

"I should probably start getting singing lessons, so I can beat Loreen", he said jokingly as he looked into the camera. She kept singing, and it suddenly didn't feel like a joke anymore. "I need to play my own strengths!", he quickly added. "I haven't figured them out yet, but I'll play them". Dear lord, what has he gotten himself into this time?

Next up was the British song by Mae Muller. A car appeared on screen to Käärijä excitement. "I want a car like that!" Mae Muller's foot then came crashing down from above, absolut breaking the car. "Oh wow". This was going to be a sick video, and he was going to enjoy it. The eyes he gave the camera said everything. And it didn't take long for him to find himself dancing again.

Then it was Germany. "My favorite country!", he said happily. Oh how he hoped it would be Rammstein! How amazing it would be to meet and compete against them! And he would get to show off his tattoo to them! How great would that be?! Fucking amazing if you asked him! But even though it wasn't Rammstein that showed up on Käärijä's screen, he wasn't disappointed. It gave him 69 Eyes vibe, and he liked it. And he would have to ask them about fashion advice.

Let 3 was wild! Käärijä found himself dancing, being mildly confused, but still enjoyed the overall experience. But damn, what he could have done if he came up with the idea first... The Finnish people and his boss probably wouldn't have allowed him to do it tho...

France was yet another one that blew him away. Groovy, good singing and definitely a vibe. La Zarra would be a force in herself! And yet again he was dancing.

Blanca Paloma would also be a strong competitor, and Käärijä was sure of it! Even though he was frustrated with the lack of kick off, he had to admit she was talented. Not his personal style, he she had talent! Those singing lessons seemed way more serious now...

At first he found Greece adorable, like the son-in-law every parent hoped for. The opposite of himself, as far as he could tell. But Käärijä liked the song. The kick off made him happy, and he also generally just loved Greece.

"Okay! Last song for today!", Käärijä said as he was getting ready for the last one. To be honest, he did not believe that anymore could surprise him that day, but oh, how wrong he was. "Next one is from... hmmm... (country). I have to admit, I do not know a lot about (country), so I'm excited to see".

On his screen appeared a person floating in white water, in what looked a white world. Due to the lighting and the dark shadow it cast on their face, he could not get to see their facial details, but he was listening to the music as it started. Then the singing started, and he saw her, sitting in black bedroom, wearing a royal blue tank top and white underwear. She looked tired and her hair was a mess. He noticed the snake in her hand as she sang.

"Wide awake. Just cut the head off of a snake. Wanted venom, got a taste. You'll never know how much it takes. All the pain fade away".

Jere wanted to make a fun Käärijä comment, about how he wished he was as creative, but it never came. He could only stare at her. Although she looked tired, she looked beautiful. Sad and beautiful. Jere didn't know what he felt about that. So far the song seemed simple to him, but he had a feeling something was coming.

It cut back to her in the water. He noticed she was wearing an open royal blue suite. He felt bad for staring at her chest. Her cleavage and stomach was showing, but it wasn't anything risky, jet he was staring.

"Where'd it go? Someone just ripped out my throat. Told me to sing when I was choked. Wish I could tell you but I won't". She looked at the camera, and Jere felt like she looked right through him. "You should know, but you don't".

She now stood in the dark woods with white light pointing at her from all directions. Once again wearing royal blue and a lot of gold, she slowly went down on her knees as she sang.

"A year of lows spent so high. Feeling like I'm out of time. Inner peace is hard to find. They ask you why. I think I'm losing my mind".

The chores skipped between her in the water, the bedroom and the forest.

As the song went on, she was in several different scenes, all with the same coloring. White, black, royal blue, and a small amount of gold. Jeres favorite part however, was at the last build up. She stood in a big beautiful living room, reminding Jere of something royalty lived in. The walls and furniture were all colored white and black, and she was the only thing in color, wearing once again royal blue, but now with her tattoos on full display. So far Jere really liked what he saw. She was almost hiding her face as the camera turned in circles as she sang.

"A year of lows spent so high. Feeling like I'm out of time. Inner peace is hard to find. They ask you why. I think I'm losing my mind!"

The last part she screamed into the camera as blue water came through the windows. A rock chick. Jere liked that.

The last of the music video was cut between all of the scenes from the video. But she was no longer sitting still. She was screaming, jumping around, holding her head, all before the video ended with her calmly in the white water again.

Jere did not know what to say. He really liked the song, and though he didn't fully understand the video, he liked it. And he really liked her face. He wouldn't actually mind meeting her.

Oh shit.

She is in Eurovision.

They were going to compete against each other soon.

Jere was actually going to meet her.

—-------------------------------------------------

Song: "Gimme a Minute" by PVRIS

Music video description is an original idea. So artsy, I knooow;) All jokes aside, hope you like it<3