Chapter One

Jonah

*RIIIIIINGG*

The bell rang signifying the start of class. Mr. Thomas had us pull out our chemistry books just as she walked in.

"Class this is Rebecca. She will be joining us for the rest of the year," Mr. Thomas said.

I looked around to see where she was going to sit, until I realized that the only seat was next to me.

God not over, not over here, I pleaded inside my head. Of course, she started to make her way towards me.

"Can I sit here?" She asked. I moved my things out of the chair next to me, her chair.

"I'm Rebecca," she whispered to me as she took a seat.

"Yeah I know. Mr. Thomas just told us," I replied. God this was going to be a long period.

------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca

I quietly took my seat next to the boy. Gabriel had said to us that we would be tested by humans, but I didn't imagine it would happen this quickly.

I pulled out the book that was given to me by the kind lady in the office. I could hear her Prayers as I touched her hand. Her husband just so happens to be undergoing chemotherapy. I was going to have to remember to Pray for her.

"Alright, let's get started. Open up your books to page 58. Read the chapter and answer the questions at the end of it," the teacher said.

I started flipping through the book when I noticed the boy beside me wasn't doing anything. He was drawing all over his paper!

"Aren't we supposed to be reading?" I ask him.

"Only if you want a good grade," he replied. Goodness, he was insufferable.

I started to write the answers on the sheet of paper that Mr. Thomas had passed out.

"Mr. Langsly, are you having fun back there?" Mr. Thomas suddenly asked.

"Always, Mr. Thomas," the student replied.

"Well then tell me, what is the chemical formula for glucose then?"

The boy next to me was silent. I noticed him looking at my paper.

"6C+6H+Light yields C6H12O6+6O2," he said.

The teacher turned away, impressed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jonah

"You cheated!" Rebecca said to me.

"Yeah, so."

She shook her head while returning to her work.

"I'm Jonah," I said to her. I don't know why I told her that. She didn't either, telling by her confused look.

"Okay, Jonah. Maybe you should start on your work."

I looked her over. God, she was hot. And I don't mean like Danielle Smith, who was the most popular girl at West High. I mean like beautiful.

"What are you staring at?" she asked, breaking me out of my trance.

"Question 2, duh," I replied quickly.

She covered up her paper, but not before I got a good look at the answer she wrote down.

(To be continued)