𝒙.

'𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮'

★・・・・・・★

𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐦𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞?

The maniacal glint in his eyes made me feel sick to my stomach but I ignored those feelings of terror and feeling, deciding to put my guards back up, "Real good parenting there," I shot a deadly glare at Bailey, avoiding Ethan's gaze.

"I said shut your fucking mouth, you slut!" Quinn stepped forward, pushing me into a glass case. I felt the glass crunch from beneath me, the shards creating rips into my palms. I turned to Ethan, whose eyes widened and I swear, he wanted to move, he wanted to help me but he didn't. He just stayed there, stuck to the ground. I didn't even realise Tara rushed forward to help me up, picking out glass from my hair as we began running, the brick I was holding falling from my hands.

"Have I been a perfect dad? Of course not," Bailey began, "Have I maybe overindulged in Richie's love for these little movies? Yeah maybe, for me they are a little dark but Richie really loved them. He even made a few of his own."

A video started playing on the projector screen in front of us and Bailey walked up to it, admiring it. Everyone was so intensely watching it that no one noticed Ethan standing so close behind me. I felt my heart stop as his breath tickled the back of my neck, his hand gently brushed against mine, and he interlaced our pinkies and hid our hands so no one saw.

I wanted nothing more than to keep holding his hand, to keep him close but then I remembered what he's done, what he is and I ripped my hand from his. I turned my head back slightly, "Don't fucking touch me," I whispered and, took a few steps forward, away from him, anything to get away from him.

"There's a very special bond between a father and his first son," Bailey said.

I looked back at Ethan, no matter how much I wanted to hate him I still cared, tears welled up in his eyes as he pointed his knife at me but his hand quivered slightly. It was then I realised, he did this to make his father proud, but it doesn't change the fact that he still did it, he still hurt me.

"Which is why I helped him build this collection," Bailey continued, "He was a very passionate collector and he inspired others. We had to kill those wannabe film students because we wanted to be the ones to kill you first, Sam. I put the theatre in their name, and the good old Detective Bailey would just stumble on it but you know that Gale Weathers is one amazing journalist. I built a tribute to my son, which is why it's where you have to die, Sam."

"It's funny how you care so much about Richie now and are willing to kill for him, to get revenge on him but if you just paid attention to him, maybe he wouldn't have gone all sociopathic freak and he would still be alive." I spoke up, getting very bored and frustrated with his justification for attempting to kill us.