Chapter Ten

Help

I woke up on the floor. My head hurt and I was so confused. I sat up, holding my head in my hands. I glanced around until I spotted the note. I reread it nearly a hundred times before I finally got up. I showered, seeing as I've picked up a habit of sleep sweating. When I was cleaned up, I hurriedly changed clothes and called Bonnie.

"Morgan, it's seven o'clock," Bonnie groaned. "Why are you waking me up?" I knew it was one of her only days off, but I needed her.

"I need to see you immediately," I told her. I'm on my way over right now."

"Is everything alright?" She asked worriedly. She seemed to be more awake now that she knows I'm upset about something.

"I don't know. I'll see you in a few minutes," I told her. I grabbed the necklace and the note and stuffed it into the box. I shoved them into my purse before rushing over to Bonnie's house. I was speeding down the main roads. I was terrified of what was going on. My heart pounded as I screeched to a halt right outside Bonnie's house.

"Good Lord," Bonnie gasped. "You can't drive like that, Morgan. You could've killed somebody. What's going on?"

I quickly got out of my car and ran inside, making sure no one was watching us. I slammed the door behind us, causing Bonnie to jump. I walked over to her table and sat down, pulling the jewelry box out of my purse.

"Bonnie, you cannot tell anyone about this," I ordered her. "I'm coming to you because I trust you and I need you to promise me to keep this a secret."

"I promise," she nodded. She sat down across from me. "You woke me up about jewelry?"

"No listen, Bonnie. I've been having these dreams and I didn't know what they meant, and I'm so scared. Elena kept saying that it was my fault that Klaus came to Mystic Falls, and then he was comforting me when my mom died. Next thing I know I'm getting ready for a date and I get this necklace and then I woke up and found this," I rushed through the basics.

Bonnie grabbed the box and opened it. She examined the necklace before setting it aside and reading the note. Her eyes widened at it.

"So Klaus has fallen in love with you? He must've gotten in your head and made you dream that," she suggested, shaking her head.

"No Bonnie," I shook my head. "I've had this necklace for years. Klaus didn't get in my head. He doesn't want me to remember. I'm just remembering things on my own."

"How's that even possible?" Bonnie questioned. "The only way to break compulsion is by the vampire who compelled you. Has he told you to remember everything?"

"No," I shook my head. "Maybe those aren't the things I was supposed to forget. Maybe I just forgot them because they were about him or had him in them."

"It's a possibility," Bonnie nodded. "But you have to convince Klaus to give you your memories back in order to get them all back."

"That's the thing," I sighed. "He said he isn't the one who made me forget everything. He can't give them back to me."

"Maybe not," Bonnie started. "But he has to know who did."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I pounded on the door hopelessly. The door flung open and a blonde girl answered looking aggravated. Her face scrunched up in confusion. The girl didn't look familiar at all.

"Who are you?" We asked at the same time.

"You're at my door," she frowned. "So who are you?" Her arms crossed over as she waited for my introduction.

"I'm Morgan," I answered. "I came to see Klaus. Who are you?" I watched as she eyed me up and down.

"I'm his sister Rebekah," she answered. "Nik, there's someone here to see you!" She stepped aside, allowing me entrance. I walked inside and Rebekah closed the door behind me. I turned around to say something, but she had vanished. Vampires were so frustrating.

I heard footsteps nearing me and I took a deep breath, readying myself to fight for my right to remember. Klaus rounded the corner with Elijah by his side. When he saw me, he began to look aggravated.

"You just don't take no for an answer do you?" He sighed. "Can't you take a hint?"

"Hello Morgan," Elijah interrupted him. "It's nice to see you again."

"Hi Elijah," I smiled.

"Brother, can you not see that we're busy here?" Klaus scolded him. "Please give us some privacy." Elijah nodded and left us.

"Klaus, I have the right to know what happened," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"And I already told you before, I can't return your memories, because you weren't under my compulsion," he replied.

"No, but you can tell me who did this to me," I pointed out. He shook his head in disapproval of the idea.

"It's no use," he refused. "He won't give you what you want. Believe me, I've tried. He won't give you your memory back."

"You're the baddest guy out there. Surely you would be able to scare it out of him?"

"I told you that I've tried. He doesn't care if I kill him. And if he does die, then your memory will be gone forever. He's got me right where he wants me," he frowned.

"I have to at least try, Klaus. Just give me a name," I begged.

"I won't risk you getting hurt," he said, turning away from me. "Maybe it's for the best."

In an instant, Elijah broke his neck. I gasped and watched as Klaus fell to the ground. Elijah cut his brother's wrist opened and filled up a container with his blood. He then handed it over to me.

"Have your friend Bonnie look for a spell to show a few memories. If she's unable to find it, go to New Orleans and ask for Sophie," Elijah ordered me. I quickly nodded and hugged him.

"Thank you so much," I smiled before running out the door. Bonnie was waiting for me in her car. "Do you know anything about a memory spell?" I climbed inside and buckled my seatbelt.

"I don't think so," she frowned.

"Then don't stop driving until I tell you to," I instructed her. She nodded her head. "We're going to New Orleans."