XXVIII

Bianca's POV

  Just like that, it was over. Damiano David turned out to be the Devil. Bianca Vasilevski turned out to be just another naive little girl. I trusted too fast and ended up slamming my head on the concrete at full speed. There was no safety net underneath. I fell into Damiano's lying arms recklessly. I trusted him and I shouldn't have.
  I couldn't sleep for a few days until my body couldn't stand the exhaustion anymore until there were no tears left to cry. He was just a guy. Why did it hurt so much then? I had to collect myself. I have a life and an amazing job. I had to suck it up and move on. I was not a teenager anymore but a grown woman. I could survive a heartbreak. It was not the end of the world after all.
  A week later, the tabloids started writing about Damiano's and mine breakup. They said it was a rumor but I never confirmed it or denied it. I did not have the strength to speak about it. And besides, that was personal.
  I took a break from social media so I do not have to see Måneskin everywhere. Luna and I moved into another apartment. It was not the penthouse we were about to rent earlier but some other big apartment. It came with furniture and it breathed with coziness and warmth. We did this so Damiano could not find me. Luna was furious with Damiano. She didn't want to hear his name but she was there for me if I needed to talk to someone. My sister knew about it but I asked her not to tell our parents. I didn't want them to worry or be bothered.
  Then, I decided to drown myself in work. I signed 5 more contracts with 5 more musicians even outside Italy. My days were filled with song lyrics and corrections, as well as private lessons with some of these clients. I avoided De Luca for 2 weeks until he knocked on my apartment door. He came with flowers and a bottle of wine. He looked as good as ever.

"How do you know where I live?", I asked him without greeting.

"I have my ways, B. I thought you already figured that out.", he smirked leaning on the doorframe.

"You're invading my privacy.", I said.

"Well, you gave me no choice. You've been hiding from me for too long. I had to act.", he explained.

"I just, I have a lot of work."

"I thought I was your boss, too.", he smiled devilishly.

"I do not have a boss. I'm my own boss.", I returned sassily.

"Ooh, spicy! Won't you let me in?", he said.

"I, um... Fuck it, come in! At least you brought wine.", I said moving to let him enter.

"I thought you didn't drink in the middle of the day.", he mocked me as I brought 2 glasses and opened his bottle.

"People change.", I said and handed him one glass.

"Something is not right. What is it?", he said studying my face carefully.

"Nothing that concerns you.", I said sipping the wine.

"I wouldn't say it doesn't concern me since I am the only one you avoided out of all your clients. Does it have something to do with me? Bianca"

"No..."

"Are the tabloids right? You and Damiano broke up? That must be it.", he suddenly concluded and I took a big draught of the liquor.

"It's none of your business, Lorenzo.", I said surprised by how I talked to him in that situation. I was intimidated by him before.

"Was he jealous?"

"What?"

"Damiano, was he jealous of us working together?", he asked in all seriousness and I finished my wine pouring myself another glass immediately.