Prologue

Update: So I kind of made a little trailer. I'm still new to it so sorry if it's not really up to par. Check it out above 😊

******

Narrator's POV

"I'm sorry I left without telling you where I was going, Emily. I figured, the other girls would be able to handle it but I should've said something to you because, well its you. Em, you know how I feel about you. I love you."

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Emily stirred as her alarm clock sounded through her apartment. She sat up and rubbed her eyes while sighing heavily. She's been having these dreams about Ali for a few months now. She thinks that her mind is trying to tell her something but she doesn't know what.

She hasn't told any of the girls because she knows they'll just judge her and voice their opinions very loudly. Just like the time Alison disappeared out of nowhere, once again, she suggested that they look for her. Hanna said something like, "suck it up because she's gone and we can all finally get some sleep without having to protect her at all times."

It hurt Emily to know that the girls felt that way about Alison. She knows that they love her but they aren't exactly her biggest fans, especially Hanna. Sure Alison's made them all feel like shit including Emily but that's just how she was. She was young and dumb, they all were. When she came back after they found out she was alive, she was a completely new person. But the other girls didn't seem to care.

All they cared about was the past. They were still living in the past and that's what angered Emily. They could have been the reason for her disappearence this time. Emily got over Ali's mistakes. You can say it was because she was in love with her, but it was much more than that. She knew Ali was not a bad person and she always had her friends' backs, no matter what.

As Emily made her way to the kitchen, she seen her phone light up and it was a text from Aria which read, Morning. The girls and I are at the Brew so whenever you wake up, meet us here.

They were all still living in Rosewood but each had their own apartment. Although they weren't in college, they all decided that there was always time for that so they'd go later on. They just really needed a break from everything they've went through with the A situation.

Emily made her coffee, changed her clothes, and headed out to her car. She pulled up at the Brew 30 minutes later and saw the girls in their usual seats. "Hey", she smiled as she sat down.

"Morning sleeping beauty. You've never slept past 10:30 and its already 12, I'm shocked", Spencer joked but Emily didn't laugh. She really wasn't in the mood, but she never was these days.

"Well you guys called me down here...what for?" Emily asked harshly. Aria exchanged looks with the other two girls and said, "We just wanted to hang out. Its just that, with all of us being so busy we haven't in a while."

"Right. I'm sorry, I'm just cranky I guess", she replied while rubbing her eyes.

Hanna smirked and murmured, "Must be cranky all the time." Emily shook her head and said, "Well being around someone with your type of attitude will do that to ya."

"Oh I'm the one with the attitude?!" Hanna said getting louder. "Guys! Its a little to early for this don't you think?" Spencer said trying to calm the girls.

"Yea Spencer's right. Its bad enough we have to put up with your arguments at all. But not now guys. Be mature", Aria added.

"She's the one being immature. Look, Emily, we all know how hurt you still are about Ali's death", Hanna started before she was cut off.

"Ali is not dead!" Emily yelled as people began to stare. "Come on guys. Do you really believe that?" she asked, addressing Aria and Spencer. They only looked at her with sad smiles.

"I can't believe this. Hanna is brainwashing you. She's never liked Ali and we all know it. She's probably just jealous of all the attention she got." Emily said with a smirk.

Hanna only huffed a laugh and responded, "Why would I be jealous of someone like her? She was such a bitch."

Emily grabbed her car keys and before leaving said, "Takes one to know one."

This is how its been with the 4 girls for three years now. Emily and Hanna arguing about Alison and if she was dead or not and then Spencer and Aria being the peacemakers even though it was pretty clear who's side they were on.

Emily wiped away a few tears as she walked to her car. Her vision was a little blurry but she saw blonde hair in the distance. She turned in that direction and saw her. She saw Alison. But she could swear her mind was playing tricks on her. Walking closer, she wiped at her eyes but by the time she got to the spot she was standing in, Alison was gone. Once again, the love of her life just vanished.

A/N: It's kinda short but I just wanted to feel the story out.