Chapter 20- loving

The song is to be played for the first part of the chapter

I sat there for a couple of minutes as Ollie changed into a shirt and shorts.

I tried to figure out what I would tell him as he sat back in front of me in the bed.

His eyes looked at mine with an intense level of understanding and I knew I couldn't keep this from him.

"Last year I had this boyfriend..." I started, Ollie's jaw tightened immediately at the comment of my ex.

"It stared off pretty normal, my first real relationship, I had just turned 17, he was 18. He quickly became very protective, he wouldn't let me go out without him, he saw me talking to my good friend Logan and his girlfriend Laura and he flipped and said I was cheating on him with Logan. I wasn't aloud to talk to my friends after that, he made me sit in his room all day long" I glanced at Ollie but his face was blank.

It felt weird telling Ollie about a previous relationship. I didn't want him to get annoyed.

I carried on anyway.

"One day I told him I wanted to go out with Gabby ana Nina for a catch up but he said I wasn't aloud to go. I got annoyed so I shouted that he didn't own me, that's when he hit me for the first time. It hurt and I was scared so I ran out of his room, he grabbed my hair and dragged me back. He kept me in his house for a month, occasionally texted my mum pretending to be me telling her we went away with his family. He beat me everyday, like I was his punch bag he practiced on" I pushed down my sob and just let the tears fall freely.

"The pain subsided after a while but he'd just find a new way to hurt me, I called my mum and the police one day whilst he was out and I got taken to the hospital but all I wanted was to go home and be alone. I didn't tell my mum the extent of what happened because I didn't want to be wrapped in cotton wool. I never knew what happened to him but I got my freedom back. When I came back to college no one wanted to know me because they thought I was ignoring them. Gabby and Nina were the only ones who stuck around" I cried a little bit more just thinking about my best friends and how they deserve a phone call soon.

I glanced at Ollie again and he had his hand over his face, I have no clue what he's thinking.

I really didn't want to go into details about what my ex did because to be honest, I don't think I can say any of it out loud, it hurt so much. He broke me.

Wiping my tears I took a deep breath and sat up straight, I won't let the situation get in my mind again, I've overcome this, it's in the past and it will stay there.

"Ollie" I whispered as I touched his arm.

He shot up as I touched him and a pang of hurt shot through my heart.

He paced the room with his hand behind his head whilst I just sat on the bed trying to keep myself from falling apart which was hard because I felt like I was losing him.

His fist made contact with the wall hard. It was obvious it was bricks underneath the wallpaper but he just continued to hit it. Over and over.

When I saw the blood stains on the wallpaper I shot up and tried to pull him away from it.

He turned around and I caught sight of the anger plastered on his face, I've never seen him like this before, it scared me.

I put my hands on either side of his face to make him look at me.

When our eyes made contact his expressions changed completely he looked pained.

He rested his forehead against mine.