Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Riley's POV:

Silence filled the car as Riley was lost in her own thoughts. Within 24 hours she had gone from laying alone in her bed wishing for happiness, to being sexually harassed by one of America's richest, and hottest, teenagers. He was so bipolar. One minute he was kissing her, the next minute he was acting like he was the best thing since cheese in a can.

Boys are so confusing.

Riley remembers his arrogance and his annoyance, but she also knows he has a soft side to him. Like on the airplane where he held her close and comforted her when she most needed it...

Wait a minute!

"How did I get in here? The last I remember, I was on the plane."

Caleb looked at her like the answer was obvious and she was stupid for not knowing. Riley just continued to share expectantly. Caleb sighed.

"I carried you in."

"Carried. Me?"

"Yes, carried you."

"Huh?"

"I picked you up, walked to the limo, and put you in the car. You didn't even stir and you looked so cute when you slept. When I went to let you go, you linked your arms around my neck and wouldn't let go. So I decided to take a nap and lay down next to you considering you wouldn't disattach yourself from me. As soon as I layed down, you pretty much crawled on top of me and fell asleep again."

Riley would have been embarrassed, but she was too caught on one detail. She looked at his thin arms doubtfully.

"You carried me?"

"Yes, I already said that. Many times."

"Are you sure?"

"Why do you not believe that I carried you?"

"Cause your so..." She indicated his body.

"Skinny?"

Riley nodded and pointed to herself.

And I'm.... definitely not."

"Thank God."

"What?"

"I don't like skinny girls. Too breakable."

Riley looked at him in disbelief. She felt a shiver of hope bloom and she smiled slightly. Caleb smirked and winked teasingly.

"I don't want to break my toys, and I know you wont break, babe."

And there goes the momment.