Chapter 45 - Forgiveness

Cynthia's POV

"Frosch?!" we all yelled at the exceed sitting on my belly.

"Fro thinks so, to!" she beamed and cuddled closer to me.

"What is Rogue's exceed doing here?" Lucy said as she put her whip away.

"That is strange." Erza said while placing her index and thumb under her chin to think.

"Happy! You can come back! It's okay! It's only Frosch!" Gray called over to Happy who flew back to us.

"So... what are you doing here Frosch?" I asked and rubbed her head as she leaned into my touch.

"Fro was shopping with Lector... and I got lost again!" she wailed with a few tears coming out from her eyes.

"That's why... It's okay now... you found us. I was planning to visit your guild anyways, so I'll take you back." I smiled as I got up from the ground with her in my arms.

"Fro found Cynthia and followed you!" she exclaimed.

"Oh! It's Rogue's partner!" Happy said as he flew over to me and Frosch.

"Fro think so, to!" she waved.

"So Happy. Any sign of Natsu and the town? Other than Frosch following her?" Gray asked and folded his arms.

"Gray-san! You're clothes!" I blushed and looked away.

"Crap!" he yelled and went to collect his clothes somewhere.

"Well.. I did find the town only a few minutes away from us. And no sign of Natsu." Happy sweat dropped.

"Where on earth could he have gone to?" Erza said darkly an irk mark appearing on her forehead while cracking her knuckles.

"Fro thinks she's scary!" Frosch quivered in my arms. I chuckled at her cuteness.

"You could say that again." Gray added who now had his clothes on.

"Well... let's get going! I don't want Natsu to... blow up the town before we get there." Lucy shivered at the thought.

"You guys can go ahead! I'll take Frosch back to Sabertooth. I'll meet you back home." I smiled and turned into the opposite direction.

"Alright, be safe!" Erza called out.

"Don't get too jumpy when you see your boyfriend!~" Lucy grinned making me to blush.

"Oh she will." Gray smirked.

"She loveeeees him!" Happy snickered.

"Fro thinks so, to!" Frosch giggled in my arms.

"Ugh... see you guys!" I grumbled and ran with a blush on my face.

'I don't know about that just yet... Happy.' I mentally sighed. I still didn't say those three meaningful words yet to Sting. I don't know. It's probably most likely that it's all about that kiss still lingering on my mind. I still feel guilty. That's why I've decided to tell him today. I feel like I can't handle it anymore. I want to love him but Zeref was still on my mind. How Zeref stole my first kiss. I was on the verge of tears but hid my eyes with my bangs.

"Cynthia?" Frosch said sadly and patted my arms.

"Hm? W-What is it Frosch?" I asked softly, still running towards Sabertooth.

"Fro thinks you're upset."

"I-I'm fine... Don't worry about me. Thank you." I smiled and kissed her forehead but she didn't seem to buy it.