46: Loop hole

__________-_-________________

"Merry Christmas Eve everyone!" Mary said sarcastically. "Let us rejoice and eat like a family does! Better yet, Alex, let's go get hammered at this bar located downtown.

Ezekiel sent Maryanne a disapproving look. "Now, now Genevieve. There is no need for such negativity."

Aira finished examining my back and pulled down my t-shirt. 

I've been bleeding a lot for the past week but the pain wasn't as bad as it was the first time my bones started realigning. I'd seen my back in the mirror on Tuesday and burst into tears. The lines located on my back looked like two open wounds. I could see the white tissue in my back. The other day a few small black feathers were poking out of them. Gabriel helped me pull them out but it hurt like hell.

"Is there a reason for your presence Genevieve?" Aira asked unhappily. "Where is Gabriel?"

"He had to do something. He wouldn't tell me what." I gritted as I painfully stood up. I rolled my shoulders and felt the bones crunch and move.

Aira smiled down at me and walked out of the room. 

I was planning on making my way to Ezekiel and Aira's house for more of that liquid but Elizabeth asked a favour of them so they came here. I was glad they did. I was in pain especially now that I'd run out of that drink.

"Stop calling me Genevieve," Maryanne mumbled.

Aira came back with a bottle of red liquid in her hand. She poured out a glass and handed it to me. I swallowed it in seconds and could almost feel my back relaxing. "Thank you."

She bowed. "It's my pleasure, Lonny. One can't always be too careful." She winked at me and held her brother's hand.

"Make it last. For it will be the last bottle you get. Or the last bottle you need." Ezekiel said.

I gave him a look as to say, 'what the hell?'

He only smiled and pulled his sister out of the kitchen door. Maryanne offered me her hand and I took it. It was weird how Maryanne and I actually got along now...

"Come on Princess; let's go sit you on your royal throne."

Well, almost got along.

She helped me into the living room and sat me down next to Tristan. He smirked at me and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Do you know where Gabriel is?" I listened to his mind and only heard him counting backwards from 9789. "Tristan."

'Don't think. 9788, 9787... Don't think. Don't think. 9786, 9785... Don't think. Gabriel has not gone to the mall---"

"Why is he at the mall?" I demanded.

He groaned. "Mind readers piss me off so much!"

Maryanne chuckled and sat on the floor next to my legs. 

"Gabriel's gone last minute Christmas shopping for you."

"But we agreed no presents..."

Maryanne sighed. "Didn't you buy him something when you went to the mall with Elizabeth on Monday?"

"Yeah but--"

"Then there you go." She interrupted. "What'd you get him?"

I smirked. "I'm not telling you. All you need to know is that I'm hoping he'll love it."

Elizabeth helped me pick out the perfect present. It is pretty hard to choose a present for an angel. At first, I bought him something from Tiffany and Co but then I thought of something else. It isn't something money can buy. And I couldn't wait to show him.