Part 68 | Video Games

"Hold onto your pants everyone, the variants are coming for a visit!" You announced, appearing in the living room.

"Why?" Tony asked.

"Why not?"

"I'm glad they are" Wanda smiled. "They're very interesting to talk to."

"That's one word for them" Pietro mumbled nervously. "Adam's scary."

"Thank you" a voice answered smugly.

The speedster jumped as the vampire in question walked into the room, Loki and the others following.

"Are you going to bite me?" Pietro trembled.

"Maybe" he shrugged, his eyes darting over to you a moment later as a confused look passed over his face.

"Hello again everyone" Edith smiled, moving over to Wanda and Nat as the three of them began chatting.

"I've brought someone with me" Tom grinned. "The main reason I wanted to come today. I'd like you all to meet a good friend of mine."

Another man stepped out to gasps.

"Thor?!" Sam gasped. "You cut your hair off!"

"I'm not Thor" the man chuckled. "I'm his actor from Tom's reality. My name is Chris Hemsworth."

"This is weird" Thor said eagerly, walking over to meet him. "So you pretend to be me in mortal films?"

"I do."

The two of them got along quite well, immediately striking up conversation off to the side as the other variants moved around the room talking.

Suddenly a cold hand touched your shoulder, causing you to jump and turn around.

It was Adam, the vampire watching you strangely as he pulled his hand back.

"Jeez Adam, you scared me. How do you move so quietly?"

"Vampire thing" he dismissed, his eyes moving back to your face. "Does he know?"

"What?"

"Does he know?" He repeated insistently.

"Does who know what?" You questioned.

He raised his brows, glancing at your stomach. "I think you know what I'm talking about. Have you told him?"

You sighed, shaking your head. "How in the Norns did you figure that out?"

He tapped his ear subtly, a wry smile on his lips. "I can hear the heartbeat."

"Impressive" you mused. "I haven't told him yet. I only found out a few days ago."

He nodded, hesitating before congratulating you as Eve came over to join the pair of you.

"Congratulations" she said immediately, a smile on her face.

"I'm assuming you can hear the heartbeat too?"

She nodded. "I was concerned for a moment when we first arrived but then I realised what it was."

"Freaky" you grinned, the two of them chuckling.

"How far along are you?" Eve asked curiously.

"I have no idea" you admitted. "Mortal testing instruments don't work."

"Any of your magical spells that could help?"

You nodded. "I've found a few books on it, so I'm doing some reading about it."

"Well, be careful" she smiled, patting your shoulder softly before the two of them moved away.

—————————————————————-

"This is a box" Thor announced proudly, pointing at the cabinet.

"Wonderful" Thomas smiled, hiding his confusion under polite interest. "What does it do?"

"It's called an Xbox" you explained with a laugh, turning it on and passing out controllers. "You can play video games on it."

"Video games?"

Bruce came over to explain, looking nervous at first but his confidence increasing at Thomas' genuine interest.

"Fascinating" he mumbled, watching as you signed Thor in before heading off to one of the armchairs in the corner.

"Get ready to lose!" Thor grinned as MarioCart began, the countdown starting up. "Three, two, one..."

"GO!" Pietro shouted, pressing the buttons wildly as Bucky rolled his eyes, easily manoeuvring the device. "Why is it so slow?!?"

"Not all video games have super speed snail" you commented from behind your book. "I'm shocked that a hundred year old super soldier is better than you younglings."

"Me too" Bucky shrugged, grinning as he came second, the others falling tragically behind.

"It's not working!" Sam exclaimed, his character not even off the starting line. "How do I make it work??"

Thor glared at the rankings as they appeared on the screen. "Noobmaster69! How does he keep winning?! He's not even here!"

"Could be a she" Loki mumbled.

"What was that brother?"

The God smirked. "How do you know it's a he?"

"Good point. But I still don't know how to find them!!" He grumbled, folding his arms like sulky child before perking up. "Loki! Do you have a tracking spell we could use??"

"A little over the top" Wanda commented.

"Just use Conrad" Nat addded, pointing to the man leaning against the wall. "I'm sure he could figure it out."

"Or, maybe she's closer than we think" Loki said, his smirk widening.

"But who??" Thor wondered, looking around.

There was silence as all eyes fell to you.

"Y/n Laufeyson, lower that overly large book at once" Thor demanded.

"Damn you Loki" you grinned, vanishing the book to reveal an extra controller in your hands. "I was going to continue this for months!"

"I know love. Also, I would run."

Looking up, you leapt sideways with a shriek as Thor came barreling towards you.

"YOU WERE NOOBMASTER69 ALL ALONG?!" He shouted, running after you as you wove your through the room. "YOU SAID IT WAS PROBABLY SOME TWELVE YEAR OLD MORTAL AND I SHOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT IT!"

"It was funny!" You protested, dashing past a snickering Tom.

"YOU'VE BEEN WINNING FOR MONTHS!"

"Is it always like this?" Chris asked in amusement as you ran up the wall and onto the ceiling.

"N/n's normally getting chased yes, but never by my brother" Loki grinned, everyone looking upwards as you stood upside down on the ceiling. "That's a new trick darling."

"It is" you replied, giving a courtesy. "Sorceress shit."

"Get back down here!" Thor shouted.

"Never!"

"You'll have to come down eventually" Thor reasoned, sitting down beneath you and staring up.

"I actually don't."

"Why not?"

"I can conjure anything I need up here."

"Not fair" Thor grumbled, sulking on the floor as Loki patted his shoulder.

————————————————————————

I don't know how I feel about this chapter, but I had to get something out

Also I've finally started watching Criminal Minds after my friend has been begging me for years, but ITS SO GOOD! I was not expecting to like it as much as I do