Chapter 24- .....at least I still look cute? (Shattered? Dream Multiverse

Sun wants to despair at meeting weird Guardians and is annoyed his 'holiday' is cut short

——

Shattered? Dream Multiverse

Nightmare despised what he had done to his brother but he refused to stop. It felt like getting a wound to his SOUL, each time he spouted hateful comments at the other, not to mention the devastation on Dreams face...but he persisted.

His brother needed to be protected and this was the best way he could do it. Even in the village he could see his brother shrink in on themselves, when he was criticised for Nightmares existence or perceived wrongs.

He had no power then to stop the pain so pushing them away was the easier solution. It made it so the villagers only saw his twin as the 'good one' and him as the devil. This did not change even when he left their AU, as it just meant he would have to work on an even larger scale.

Nightmare could sense the way others felt at his appearance and his dark magical aura, disgust and fear . So he made sure to dissuade Dream from ever trying to get close to him.

However, the new variable in the equation was a shock and he was unsure what to do. At first glance it almost felt like he was being replaced by Dream and watching the babybones, he could feel how powerful they were.

Just looking over at Killer, who was still lying in bed unconscious, was further proof. It had been days since the babybones used their magic on them and the effects were still showing.

Nightmare knew he couldn't just stay at his minions side all the time, so he continued the fights, keeping up his mask of sadist amusement that the outside world expected.

It was the best way to analyse others for weakness and make sure they could keep his brother safe, as he was no longer able to do it himself.

-

Dream was worried about Sun, as he can feel the interest Nightmare has in them. He tried to convince Ink to leave them in the Doodle Sphere but to no avail.

They had been present to all of their battles and he felt uneasy at exposing a child to such violence so often.

'Why not just get rid of him? Nightmare will pay attention to you again'

Dream grimaced at the darker thoughts appearing again and tried to ignore them and continued his fight with his brother.

'You should just kill your brother. He clearly doesn't love you anymore'

He took a shuddering breath and managed to just dodge his brother's tentacles from skewering him.

'So pathetic, aren't you? Why are YoU StIll HeSitating, DREAM?!'

Nightmare stopped his attacks and stood back, wary of what was going on with Dream. They did not look focused but he gasped when he saw them take out a familiar apple.

"Dream...what are you doing?"

He gazed at the corrupted apple in his brother's hand in revulsion, surprised any had survived.

"Give me the apple, Dream"

That turned out to be the wrong thing to say as he watched Dream jump back, getting closer to the babybones as if in a trance.

Sun had been rather happy looking around, so jumped when Dream landed beside him. They were being oddly quiet and looking at their hand, he scowled at the weird looking apple.