My mate is a psycho

Picture is of Derek
__________________________

As soon as I thought this, a beautiful red wolf jumped out from behind me and tackled me. I yelped as his weight flattened me to the ground.

Yay! my wolf cried.

I rolled my eyes. Traitor.

I struggled to get up, but he pressed his paws into my shoulders. I snarled, pulling my lips back to show my teeth. His ears flipped back, and he matched my snarl with his own.

I attempted to push him off again, but this earned him pressing his muzzle closer. I could feel the hot wolf breath hit my face. He wanted me to submit. He waited. I growled, snapping my jaws at him.

Next thing I knew, his jaws were clamped hard around my neck. I let out a loud whine, as I felt his teeth pierce flesh. His eyes widened, like he just realized what he did. He scrambled off me and I stood up as quickly as possible.

He bit me! He actually bit me! I backed away, slowly. Derek whined, following. His eyes pleaded his apology. I tried to run, but stumbled. Did this count as a mark? I was so confused, my head was spinning. Everything was so overwhelming. New town, new school, new mate? Geez, I missed New York.

God, I was bleeding heavily. I tripped and fell to the ground. Derek ran over, and shifted.

"Oh, god. Avery I'm so sorry! You have to shift back, I need to treat your wounds. Oh baby, I'm so sorry. I swear I didn't mean to!" He rambled.

I whined. Having a mate sucks. I seriously think my cause of death will be this guy. Looking into his eyes, I knew my only chance of survival was to shift and trust him.

I sighed, bringing together the rest of my strength, I did just that. I shifted, then the world went black.
......

Everything hurt. It hurt to breath. It hurt to move. Why the hell am I hurting so bad? I know I'm not on my period. Did I fall down into a dark hole and die or something. Geesh, the after life is painful. And they say life isn't fair.

Oh! No, wait. It's coming back. The one person whose supposed to love and cherish and protect me freakin' almost killed me! Smooth, fates, smooth. Big whoopsie on your part. I groaned and blinked my eyes open.

And found myself staring right into a pair of green-blue orbs. I yelped, flinching back as a wave of pain came from my throat. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

"Avery! Thank god. Are you ok?" My mate exclaimed, right up in my face. I growled, reaching up and pushing him away.

"Yeah, just Spiffy. Thanks for taking a chunk out of me Fito," I said sarcastically.

He sat down in the chair, growling.

"Ok! I screwed up, but if you had submitted-"

"To some random wolf? Yeah, no. I'm good, bud."

"I'm not some random wolf, I'm your mate and you will respect me," He demanded, blue eyes turning a dark navy.

I snorted.

"Mates usually mark each other, but dang you really took it too far, Derek." A voice came from the doorway.

It was a guy, no. It was the Samuel kid who came to class late with Alpha over here. Derek ran a hand through his hair.

"It was an accident! I was just trying to stop her from running."
Samuel approached, then tsked.

"It'd suck if that scarred. I think you gave her the ultimate hickey, man."
Derek growled.

"Enough, Sam. What do you want?" Derek asked, seemingly on his last nerve.

"Well, I believe Jessica is concerned about what you're doing with the rogue."
Instantly, Derek's attitude changed.

"Oh,"

"Yeah. Big oh."

Jealousy hit me in the pit of my stomach as I reached up and touched the thin bandage covering my neck.Why did he care what she thought? Why were those two idiots exchanging looks like there was a big pile of dog feces about to hit the fan?

"I hate you," I growled, glaring at the alpha.

"I'll be back."

"Don't hurry!" I yelled after him.

I heard Sam chuckle before saying.

"You've got a fighter huh?"
I didn't hear Derek's response.

I stood, going to the bathroom on the other side of the room. I guess Derek brought me back to the pack house. I looked in the mirror. God, I looked bad.

My face was pale from blood loss and my hair had leaves and grass still in it. Not to mention the big baggy clothes I wore that smelled strongly of Derek. I took a sniff. He smelled like rosemary and sandle wood. I hated to admit that it smelled good, but just catching a whiff of it had my wolf prancing around inside my head.

I turned my attention to my neck once more and winced. I slowly started to unwrap the bandage. I gasped. My mate did this to me?! My neck was... horrible. It looked bad.

How could he do this to me? I thought mates were supposed to care for each other? He must not want me. Then a dawning realization hit me. I glared icily at my reflection in the mirror. Oh. So that was it.

Rage flowed through my body as I opened the bathroom door and stomped down stairs. I followed Derek's scent to his office, where he sat with a beautiful girl with blonde hair.

I let my jealousy feed into my rage as the two looked up at me.

"Avery? What are you-" Derek started nervously.

"You despicable, cowardly, disgusting beast! You couldn't just reject me, could you? What were you worried about? Your image? What your pack would say if their Alpha rejected his mate? For her I'm guessing right?" I yelled, my eyes flashing back and forth from blue to a brilliant honey brown.

Derek growled, but his eyes were confused.

"What are you-"

"I absolutely despise you, you.... you... beast!" I yelled, my eyes burning from the tears I refused to let fall.

"Why don't you reject me and get it over with?" I cried, then turned without another word and ran as fast as I could out of there.

I ripped off Derek's shirt as soon as I hit the tree line. But still, even in wolf form, his smell remained. A few tears escaped my now brown eyes as I stopped at a little creek. I splashed in, rolling around in the once clear water until I was covered in mud and no longer smelled like the alpha.

I growled low in my throat. Then stood and started the trek home. I hate Alphas, I hate Derek Moore and I hate Oregon.