01, Warning Signs.

Andrei's POV.
My palms began to sweat as I watched Selecția Națională 2023. I began to hold my breath as the winner was about to be announced. I inched towards the television screen, waiting for the person who would follow in my footsteps. Not just in Eurovision, but maybe even... The mansion.

It's been six months since then. Six months since we all were sent to a murder game. Six months since.... Since I thought I died. Well, technically, I did die. Thanks to Filip Vidušin and his friends, I managed to come back.

Ronela entered the room with a pot of hot camomile tea. She sat down in her easy chair and poured it into her cup. I watched her as she did that, but I couldn't keep my eyes off the TV. Whoever Romania selected here tonight would go to Eurovision, and hopefully not follow my fate in the mansion.

"Would you like some?" Ronela asked, referring to the tea.

"Sure." I responded. She poured the tea into another cup and handed it to me. I smiled at her, but my smile then faded once I looked back at the television.

"Andrei? You alright?" Ronela asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine, but please. Romania's selecting their entry!" I whispered loudly. Ronela nodded and I stared at the television once again.

"The winner of Selecția Națională 2023... Is......" The host spoke. Everyone in the audience awaited for the results to be announced... I waited. I took a sip of my tea, but couldn't get it down before the winner was announced.

"THEODOR ANDREI! D.G.T (OFF AND ON)!" the host said. I spat out my tea. Theodor Andrei??? But he's only eighteen!

"Andrei? You sure you're okay?" Ronela asked me.

"He.... He's just a boy! He can't go to the mansion!" I cried. Ronela chocked a bit on her tea.

"Andrei, Rambo died in the wreckage of the mansion! There's no way that anyone will go back there. Theodor is going to be fine." Ronela assured me.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Andrei, please. Can we just not talk about this?" Ronela asked. I sighed and nodded. And with that, the conversation was dropped. The thought still stuck with me. Theodor's too young to have to play! He's the same age as Filip when he went. If Theodor does go to the mansion, and he suffers the same fate as I, I'll never forgive myself. For now, I just have to hope that Ronela is right. The mansion is gone, Rambo is gone, there's no way that the game could continue.

Or that's what I thought...

{-Six Months Later-}

"Theodor! Theodor, please answer me!" I cried. The mansion was in ruins, but not because of us from last year... They were sent here.

Here I was, looking for my fellow Romanian in a pile of rubble. What used to be the mansion was now only a broken pile of dust and bricks, and Romania's very own Theodor Andrei was lost among the wreck.

"Please! Answer me!" I begged. No response. I knew I couldn't leave Theodor here in the rubble! I knew I had to find him... Or his body at the very least.

I heard faint coughing.

"Theodor!" I cried. I followed the coughing to get to him. Sure enough, I found him. He lay on the broken bricks. His eyes were barely open. He was barely holding in!

"THEODOR!!" I cried. I ran for him.

"WRS....Wh-what are y-you...." Theodor wheezed.

"I'm getting you out of here! Just hold on!" I cried. I lifted his fragile body in my arms and ran to safety. Theodor began to gasp little spurts of air. His breathing began to slow and his body felt colder.