Chapter Seven: Spill the Beans

Updated 8/8/2023

The Weekend
Brittney's POV:

I get out of the bathroom after taking a quick shower. I spent most of the afternoon cooking and cleaning the kitchen. I decided to make some meatloaf with vegetables since Jake loves meatloaf. I make sure I got the beer he likes so he don't make a fuss about it when he gets here.

I go to my pj drawer and pull out a black loungewear set.

I quickly check myself in the mirror as I see the last bit of bruises fading away

I quickly check myself in the mirror as I see the last bit of bruises fading away. I check the clock.

7:20.

I take a breath as I put on my black fuzzy slippers and go downstairs. I check the food as the stove keeps it warm for when he gets here. I double check every area in the house to make sure I didn't forget a spot.

The alarm goes off, indicating that Jake's here. I hurry back in front of the door as I put on a fake smile. He walks through the door with his bag as I anticipate his next move. He closes the door and looks at me with a smile.

J: Hey babe.

I quickly walk towards him and pull him into a hug.

Me: Hey.

He wraps his arms around me as we hold each other. I try to fight my impulsive thought of pushing his ass away from me. He pulls away and gives me a kiss.

I hate it here.

I think to myself as I give him a smile.

J: I missed you so much.

Me: I missed you too.

He smiles as he takes my hand and leads me to the kitchen.

J: Mmm it smells good.

Me: You know I had to make your favorite.

He giggles as he grabs a plate.

Me: No let me fix your plate.

J: No babe, I got it. Sit down at the table and relax.

Excuse me? Did he just tell me to relax?

I look at him in confusion as he giggles.

J: I'm forreal. I got you.

He kisses my forehead and I go to my seat in the dining room. Something don't feel right. I expected him to find something wrong as he walked in. Making me fix his food and he throws it in dissatisfaction. Something!

He's acting too good for my comfort. I don't know what he's trying to do, but I'm staying on my toes. He places my plate in front of me as I smile.

Some Hours Later

I am on my phone in the bathroom, looking at my text messages with Ray. How could I mess whatever we had up? I really thought we were friends, but I had to be impulsive.