iV| Shy away

你不要回避

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Shy away

"Don't you shy away

Manifest a ceiling when you shy away"

The nerves of going out on stage didn't exist to Mai, she had been doing it for too long

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The nerves of going out on stage didn't exist to Mai, she had been doing it for too long. Not to mention, she wasn't a naturally nervous person and the only thing she worried about was the possibility of fainting on stage but that was now half-solved with Popcorn being in the background.

Mai was warned of there being important people watching the show tonight that were doing media for the theatre but she didn't expect them to be anyone too special. Perhaps they were conductors or other artists. Either way, she didn't change the way she played. Nothing would change the way she played.

She knew she looked the part because she trusted her hair stylists and Mai had a good eye for fashion and making sure it fit what she was doing. Sometimes, she spent a little too much money on style but it was her side hobby.

"Good luck," Huan smiled, patting his sister's shoulder. "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you Huan," Mai whispered.

As the curtains began to open and her brother left to join the crowd, Mai breathed in a deep breath. Getting into the zone was something she did with simple breathing techniques and they had worked since she started playing at shows.

"A former student of the Milan Conservatory, educator and Singaporean-born, please welcome one Italy's favourite pianists, Mai Chen!"

Mai locked eyes with the man in the front seat when she stepped on the stage. It was him.

The pink ball gown dress wouldn't fool anyone, this woman was clearly a force of nature when it came to the instrument. Not only did her fingers brush the keys to create most heart-wrenching music, but her emotions also played into it all with her eyes closed.

Then, like magic enhancing the room, her soft voice began singing the melodies co-sided with the piece. They weren't overbearing but backed up the piano rather than the piano backing up the vocals. 

The sort of melodies and piano notes sent shivers down everyone's spines, causing some to sit up straight while others fell into a pit of relaxation. Each time the tempo spikes up to create a sense of drama. It was perfect, beautiful.

Mai's captivating performance drew to a close, and a warm smile graced her face as she waved at the cheering crowd. She took pleasure in observing the diverse reactions of the audience, acknowledging that each person responded in their own unique way.

Then she saw Pierre sitting on the front row, locking eyes with him as the curtains closed. 

Oh, she wasn't sure if she was ready to face the man who watched her faint.

No, she definitely wasn't but why would she? He would go home and she'd never see him again.

"Mai, we were so lucky to have you!" The staff member running the show, Mario, commented. 

"Thank you," Mai nodded as she stood up incredibly slowly.

"Do you feel well enough for some media?"

"Of course," Mai nodded as popcorn made his way to her side.

Mai's face lost colour. Of course, this was destined to happen, just went she thought everything was going okay, bad luck would come back to bite her. She had to remain calm so her heart rate didn't go up any higher but it was proving more difficult by the minute as she stared at Pierre.

"This is Mai Chen, our pianist for the night," Mario introduced. "She had been performing her for a while."

Mai bowed her head slightly with a soft smile, trying to avoid Pierre's look at all costs. Robyn could tell she was slightly on edge around him.

"Mai, this is Robyn Saunders, Charles Leclerc, Carlos Sainz, Isabel Hernaez and Pierre Gasly."

"I hope you enjoyed the show," Mai spoke.

Her voice was incredibly different from when she sang. Her Singaporean accent often came out when she was speaking and some people seemed surprised at first.

"We did," Charles nodded. "You play very well."

"Thank you," Mai smiled.

They spent the next five minutes taking pictures with the theatre to post on social media. Mai found this part of her job draining but it helped her get the funding the needed to keep her afloat and that's all that mattered.

"Pierre, we'll meet you outside," Robyn said.

Before he could reply, the rest of the party had practically dashed away so they could have time to talk alone.

"Idiots," Pierre cursed in french.

"Sorry?" Mai questioned.

"No, sorry, that wasn't for you...uh...nice to see you again," Pierre stuttered.

"You were more confident last time I saw you," Mai joked lightly.

"I did not realise you meant a concert when you said you played the piano," Pierre admitted hands in his pockets. "You play great."

"Thank you," Mai replied politely. "Those people are your friends?"

"Yeah, we race together," Pierre replied.

"My brother seems to think you are some kind of Instagram god," Mai commented slightly. "Race cars or something. I don't know anything about them, sorry."

"Don't be sorry," Pierre shook his head. "I prefer when people don't know."

Mai nodded. Pierre was clearly relieved to know Mai wouldn't be fawning over him for the sport he did as many others did. She seemed like an incredibly nice person and he didn't want her to think he wasn't.

"Mai, do you want to get coffee sometime?" Pierre questioned kindly. "Everyone in the neighbourhood knows you except me."

"Okay," Mai nodded. "Popcorn will have to join us if that's not a problem..."

Pierre looked down at the happy-looking service dog. He would never deny someone with any dog, let alone one that was going to keep them safe.

"I'd be honoured to let popcorn join us," Pierre grinned.

"Great," Mai beamed. "I have to go but it was nice to see you again."

"You too, Mai."

....

Pierre Gasly started following you

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.