"Hi." Gemma says, giving her a friendly smile.

"Hi. You're pretty." El says.

"Beautiful." Rudy corrects, making Gemma blush.

When Gemma looks at him, he looks at her back and the two smile at each other.

El watches them for a moment with a small smile.

"Is she your girlfriend, Rudy?" El asks after awhile.

"Uh...no." Rudy says, looking back at her and Gemma shakes her head.

"Oh...do you want her to be your girlfriend?" El asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yes." Rudy says without hesitation.

He and Gemma share another look and smile again.

"Eleven?" Max asks, walking up to the group.

El turns her attention from Rudy and Gemma to her and her smile turns into a frown.

"Hey, um, I'm Max. I heard a lot about you." Max says, extending her hand out to shake.

El looks at it for a moment before shoulder checking her and going over to Joyce.

Rudy looks at Max who's looking at the ground, sadly.

"Hey, don't take it personal, ok? Remember, she was raised at the lab her whole life...she needs time to get used to other people." Rudy says and Max nods.

A few moments later, El and Joyce leave Will's room and go into the kitchen.

El's staring at the paper that says 'Close Gate' and Joyce raises her eyebrows in realization.

"You opened this gate before, right?" Joyce asks, catching everyone's attention.

"Yes." El says as everyone crowds around her and Joyce.

"Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?" Joyce asks.

El looks at her but doesn't respond.

"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs." Hopper says.

"Demodogs." Dustin says.

"I'm sorry, what?" Hopper asks.

"I said, uh, Demodogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. Like you put them together, it sounds pretty badass..." Dustin rambles.

"How is this important right now?" Hopper asks, annoyed.

"It's not. I'm sorry." Dustin says and Gemma chuckles.

"I can do it." El says, determined.

"You're not hearing me." Hopper says.