The axe wielder lets out a yell while releasing a final lightning-axe combo. Then... Moments before his blade comes down on me, I watch a glowing white arrow pierce through the side of his head.

The lightning mage's eyes widen as a white light flashes and he disappears into nothingness before the arrow can even make it through to the other side.

I'm left half kneeling on the ground in shock. I gulp down the rest of my HP potion to twist my head toward the direction that glowing arrow came from.

The rogue's low and clear voice rings out again.

"Good fight, you set up the perfect shot."

I see the hooded man standing 20m away holding a bow with another white glowing arrow loaded.

He grins as I look at him in awe.

"Uh- No prob. You know... I could have handled him!"

He laughs.

"Ya know what, I think you could have. I just wanted in on the fun too!"

I grit my teeth and walk over to him still covered in a dark red aura of flames. I point my glowing blade at his head.

"What do you want? Why'd you even help me in the first place?":

The cloaked man puts his bow down and the arrow disappears. He puts one hand up in the air to pull the hood off his head.

It reveals him to be a young tan-skinned man with short silver hair. His eyes are very light blue, and he wears a pair of thin black dangling earrings.

He smiles at me again while placing both hands in the air.

"Woah there. I just watched you sacrifice yourself for your teammates so I came to enjoy the show. It's not that deep."

My eyes and lips tighten for a moment, then he continues.

"My name is Arie. Nice to meet you."

I stare into his light blue eyes for a moment, then lower my sword.

"I'm Jay."

He puts out his right hand.

I stare at it for a moment, then take a step forward to shake it.

"Nice to meet you too. That's a neat bow by the way, and the arrows are... interesting as well. I've never seen anything quite like it."

We both let out a light sigh of relief as the tension lessens. He picks up the bow and summons an arrow pointing it off into the distance, then lets it soar.

"Yeah, it's a unique skill actually. And- well, It's a legendary grade."

He winks.

I raise an eyebrow, then use Inspect and Appraisal.

[Lv. 300]

Active Items:

[Cloak of Swiftness] +60% Speed +60% Agility

[Lesser Demon's Dagger Set] +40% Strength +40% Agility

[Enchanted Ring of Defense] +55% Defense

[Enchanted Ring of Magic] +55% Mental Strength

[Enchanted Ranger's Bow] +400 Strength +400 Speed

[Earrings of Alignment]

[Rodrigo's Silver Bracelet]

Active Skills:

Dagger Mastery

Spirit Archer [Legendary Grade]