Chapter 10.

Scarlett's POV

"How's the head?" I questioned Harry who was sat with a bag of frozen peas on top of his curls. You'd think a ski resort would have some sort of proper first aid but I guess a bag of frozen vegetables would have to do. I was sat sipping on my hot chocolate, which I recently bought to defrost my hands, butt and the rest of my body. I started smirking to myself when I replayed in my heads the events of the past twenty minutes. So much can happen in so little time.

"Sore," he sulked and flashed a frown at Liam who was sat with a bag of frozen peas on his ankle.

"Hey, don't look at me! Zayn or should I say Mr Expert Snowboarder," Liam mocked, "Got in my way."

"I was there first!" Zayn protested before whacking Liam around the head with his own bag of peas. So the resort didn't have a first aid kit but they had enough frozen peas to end world hunger. Well probably not.

"I don't care whose fault it was, I find this scenario pretty funny," I mused as I began to laugh to myself weirdly.

"I don't know what your laughing at, you spent half the day sliding on your butt," Harry shot back with his signature smirk plastered on his face. The rest of the boys joined in with his laughter much to my displeasure. I rolled my eyes back before turning my attention back to the hot drink cupped in my hands.

"You're just jealous of my skills," I lamely replied.

"Yeah, sure." Zayn chuckled. "I really am so envious of people who slide down mountains on their butts all day."

"Your use of sarcasm is almost compelling," I retorted as I flashed an over cheesy grin at him. Zayn rolled his eyes dramatically at my statement, he didn't appreciate my sarcasm which made it all the more fun to use it.

"You know they say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit," he smirked proudly as Liam and Harry laughed along with him.

"You know what they also say?" I questioned rhetorically. "Sarcasm is the highest form of intelligence." It was my turn to smirk this time as I winked melodramatically at him once I noticed the grin on his face drop. Scarlett 1, Zayn 0. 

The room fell silent again as everyone became engrossed in their own thoughts. We were currently sat in the lounge area of our wooden cabin. The furnishings weren't exactly to my taste they were too vintage. The rug on the floor looked old, very old and definitely foreign, my mum once told me they were Moroccan style. I learnt many things about furnishings after being dragged around department stores when I was younger, my mum used to know loads of pointless facts. Although I'd listen to her talk about furniture for hours on end just to have her back.

The lamp situated on the coffee table constantly flickered a dim yellow light, which gave us all an odd glow to our skin. Not quite Simpsons yellow but pretty close. I remembered reading the hotel manual, which specifically said all feet and footwear MUST be kept of the coffee table, which is exactly what Harry wasn't doing at the moment. He was stretched out so far that his back was on the bottom of the sofa and most of his legs were out stretched on to the table, including his feet.

The rest of the room was dressed in weird, antique furnishings, which clearly had to have an acquired taste to desire or even like. Luckily the kitchen and bedrooms were all modernised. Our cabin was literally a two-minute walk to the rest of the resort and the ski slope which was lucky, trekking through snow could wipe the energy out of a marathon runner.

"I'm gonna go find Louis, you boys will be alright on your own won't you?" I asked the three of them as I staggered ungraciously to my feet. Fair to say my butt was sore, four days of sliding down compact snow on your derrière didn't exactly do you any favours. You'd think I'd be able to master the skis by now but apparently not. Of course everyone else, even Laura happened to be a natural at it. Zayn insisted on showing off with his snowboarding skills just to rub it in my face even more.