Chapter Fifty Two: The Beginning Of Their Feelings (3)

Start from the beginning

Gerard felt like it was beyond ridiculous and even unfair. He felt like a monster she needed to get away from.

No, she said she felt guilty towards him. He didn't know why she felt that way, but her actions were not of someone who felt guilty.

"Hasn't it been a long time, young Lady Roem?"

Chloe and Gerard's hand brushed for a very brief moment. Gerard greeted Chloe, opening the terrace door for her.

Chloe breathed in quickly upon hearing Gerard Blanchett's voice above her head.

He was somehow satisfied. Gerard had to bite his lip in order to hold back his laugh at Chloe's frightened gasp. He didn't know what was so funny about that.

Creak.

Gerard nonchalantly opened the terrace door.

"Didn't you mean to come here? Please go ahead, young Lady."

"Oh..."

Chloe looked up at Gerard's smiling face. He was smiling, but she could feel a strange aura beyond it.

Chloe hurried through the open door. However, it wasn't his face that made Chloe nervous. It was Gerard's body standing right behind her. They were too close.

"Thank you..."

Chloe tried to thank him right at the door. That was to imply that she wanted to send Gerard away.

"Sir?"

However, Gerard couldn't go back when he got his first chance after a long time. Gerard naturally came onto the terrace and closed the door behind him.

And he smiled brightly.

"I have something to talk about with the young Lady, so could you spare me a little bit of your time?"

Chloe formed goosebumps upon seeing that smile.

***

"..."

However, when the two were left on the terrace, Gerard couldn't open his mouth easily.

'What does he want to say?'

Chloe turned and looked at Gerard Blanchett. She was pleased. He appeared healthy.

She heard that Gerard had regained consciousness and that he had started social activities again. However, when she confirmed with her own eyes that he was doing well, she felt relieved.

"Phew."

Chloe inadvertently let out a relieved sigh. It made Gerard shudder.