A long move

I stepped out of the car after the long drive to the most rural place I've ever seen. Oregon. All that was here were trees (not a bad part), woods (not a bad part), and bugs that were everywhere. (Major bad part!)

Sure, being a werewolf in a big city can be hard, but geesh, living without so much as a single bar of signal can be so much worse.

"C'mon dad! Why do we have to move here? Why can't we move somewhere cool, like California!" I whined.

"It'll be good for you here, Avery." my dad answered, pulling some bags from the trunk.

"You know what else will be good for me? The beach. And a tan. Oh and a flying rainbow unicorn, but none of that's going to happen here." I pouted.

He rolled his eyes. Rolled his eyes! At me! Remind me, whose the parent and whose the teenage daughter?

"You'll get used to it, Ave. It's a nice change of scenery. And just look at this house!" Mom exclaimed.

Yeah, yeah. It was nice, but our apartment in New York was nice too.

"Fine, but I get to pick my room." I groaned, running off into the house.

It had 4 floors. The basement, the main floor, which included the master bedroom, the guest bedroom, the kitchen, two bathrooms and a living room. The second floor had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a play room, and an open space that connected it all.

The final floor was the attic, which was creepy and spooky and probably where we'd put all our junk. Like the family albums! I finally chose the bigger bedroom on the second floor, the one closest to the playroom and I started to cart my suit cases up.

"Dear, aren't you worried?" I over hear my mother.

"Why would I be?"

"Well, we're frightening close to a pack."

"Honey, I'm sure they'll leave us alone. Once they see we're harmless, we'll be off their radar, and if we have to, we'll move again." he replied, crisply.

This seemed to satisfy mother, but not me. Move? Again? Please, if we do it'll probably be some where worse than here. Like....Alaska or something. I turned and finished carting my stuff up to my new, pre furnished room. Including a bed, dresser, night stand and desk.

This place needs some work. But it'll have to wait. I sigh, sadly. I start school tomorrow.

__________________________

Yeah, I know, it's short, but I just wanted to introduce you to the story a little. Welcome to Because Alpha said so! Thanks for giving my story a chance. Please like, comment and vote, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!