𝒊.

'𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'

★・・・・・・★

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤, moving here was like a dream come true, from Broadway to the Empire State all the way down to the coffee house on the university campus. Halloween in New York is even better, with the streets bustling with life and inventive costumes and the city lights gleaming down on us.

As I walked through the streets with my best friend Mindy and her girlfriend Anika, our costumes adorned our bodies. I decided to go simple and be a witch, basic I know but I think it turned out pretty well. 

"Alina back me up here, would you rather be able to teleport, wherever you want or be able to fly, wherever you want?" Mindy's question snapped me out of my train of thought as I looked at her in confusion. 

"I don't know Triple M, I do not know, let's ask Tara," rolling my eyes back, I whipped my head around to talk to Tara, only to find she was talking to Jason, from her film class. 

I didn't like him, he seemed too into our friendship group, not like he wanted to be friends with us, more like he wanted to study us.

"I don't know maybe I'm just being paranoid because of what happened last year but I do not like that guy, he just gives me off vibes", I said it softly enough that only Mindy and Anika heard, I stopped in my tracks, my eyes still not leaving Jason and Tara as I watched their interaction. 

The overwhelming feeling of protection washed over me, as I felt the need to get Tara away from him.

"Hey Tara, come on we're gonna be late, all the good drinks are gonna be gone", I called out to her with a wave of my hand, enticing her to leave the staring boy. I saw her smile and laugh as she made her way back to us, slightly jogging so she can reach us. As she approached I felt her arm wrap around my shoulders and together with the rest of my friends we walked towards the notorious frat house Halloween party. 

★・・・・・・★

The party was in full swing, dancing drunk teenagers in sweaty half missing costumes, surrounding Mindy and Anika. I approached them with drinks in my hand, handing one to each of them. 

"One for my amazing best friend Anika and one for my other amazing best friend, Triple M."

Anika looks at me with confusion, "You never truly explained why the fuck you call Mindy Triple M," with a puzzled look on her face and a half smile on her lips.

"Well, she is Mindy Meeks-Martin, therefore Triple M," I enunciated every letter of Mindy's name to truly get the point across, I was really proud when I came up with that.