Please Don't Go

A u g u s t

"Daddy!" Aniya wrapped her arms around one of my legs and held on tight.

When I hit up Diamond a few hours ago, she told me she could catch the earliest flight down here. After our call, I said good bye to my niggas and headed to the crib. I would let em stay with me for a while. Since I hadn't expected Diamond to be so eager to fly out here, I didn't have a place for her to go.

"Hey lil mama." I smiled and lifted her up into my arms. I gave Aniya a kiss on the cheek and smiled at Diamond. "You want me to carry ya bags?"

"No, it's fine." She shrugged their carry-on bags on her shoulder and pulled the two suitcases behind her as I led the way to my car.

I made sure to use a discreet and small airport, didn't want to attract nosy reporters and what not. The last thing I need was for some ignorant ass magazine to say something out of line towards my daughter. Regardless of how little I spend with Aniya, I still love her unconditionally.

"Are you hungry?" I asked the little girl as I buckled her into the car seat I bought earlier. She wasn't quite big enough yet to ride in the seat by herself.

"Caaaaaan I have France Fries and ..." She placed her little hands on my cheeks and leaned over to whisper in my ear. "Shocalate Ice Cream?" She looked up at me through her lashes and smiled.

I placed my hands on her cheeks and leaned in to whisper in her ear. "Why did ya whisper that baby girl?"

She giggled and whispered back. "Because mommy doesn't lemme eat shocalate ice cream."

I gasped playfully. "Whaaat?"

She nodded sadly. "Yeah." She hung her head low and sighed dramatically.

I shook my head laughing as I kissed her forehead. "I got'chu lil mama." I closed the door, walked around to the driver side, got in , and drove off.

"So, why can't my Annie eat chocolate ice cream?" I questioned Diamond when Aniya fell asleep.

"Annie..." She smiled. "Because her lil ass don't know how to be still once she's done eating it. You try keeping up with a hyper lil girl." Diamond explained.

"It can't be that hard." I shrugged.

"Yeah. You say that now." Diamond laughed.

I pulled into the McDonalds. I woke up Aniya and unbuckled the seat belt so she could get out, but she held on tightly to my neck.

I shook my head at the little girl and walked into the building with her in my arms. She had her head resting on my shoulder as I ordered for the three of us. When we got the tray, I walked over to the kids section and took a seat at one of the booths. Diamond sat across from me as Aniya grabbed a hand full of fries and ran to the video games they had in one corner.

"So, what made you want to spend time with us?" Diamond asked.

"Honestly, I gotta 'notha baby on the way. I wanna do right when that kid comes, so I thought I should make up for lost time with you to prepare myself."

"Oh. That's great." She looked over at Aniya and stood up. "Don't eat those off the floor baby." She quickly got up and walked over to her. I watched as they exchanged a few words before Diamond picked her up and walked back over.

"I'm going to take her to the restroom." She said. I nodded and watched them leave as I pulled out my phone.

I had a few unread texts messages, but I ignored them, instead choosing to log in to my Twitter. I scrolled through my notifications and saw all these tweets with Devyn tagged in them. I clicked on her username and scrolled through her profile until I saw a picture of us together. I laughed at the caption and retweeted in. I replied with a few smirking emojis, the heart eyes emoji, and a bunch of water emojis. After I tweeted that, I scrolled through all the replies and laughed at most of them. I saw one in particular that caught my attention. I read it and then clicked the link and I mentally cursed myself.