'Well,' I said, 'that was easy. Happy with that Draco?'

'Yes.' He looked slightly stunned but pleased too. 'We'll get a contract drawn up on Monday and Owl it across to you.'

'Thank you,' Percy said, standing up. 'Both of you. Harry, can I Floo Audrey and tell her the news? Then I'll come and help in the garden. I'm sure she'll come too.'

'Yeah, of course. I've created a separate Floo network for the Old Library so you can both come and go there as you wish. You can use that now to call. The Floo address is Home Nations Office, Grimmauld Place.'

'Thanks, Harry. Thanks, Draco.' He shook both our hands enthusiastically and charged off with Alba in his arms leaving Draco and me sitting side by side on the bench, our arms touching, as we watched the flames of Dusty's bonfire lick around the wood and logs.

'Are you alright with all this?' I asked Draco. 'It's turned serious very quickly.'

'Yes, 1000% happy.' He looked slightly dazed as he watched Dusty but I could hear his satisfaction about events in his voice. 'This is the right thing to be doing. Father's just offered to help out a bit too and I think that'll probably be good, though I'll have to set some boundaries. It seems he's suddenly taking this seriously and the offer of help is just getting things off the ground. Background stuff, business advice, but maybe some finance too. I met with Steve Kinder from Cornwall yesterday, great meeting, and he's definitely interested. Wants to meet you, of course. Murray McGraw has sent me an Owl too, begging to let me bring Scotland in on this and apologising profusely for not understanding the potential of the proposal first time around. Carlyle has been in contact with Murray and it seems Dai Llewellyn has spoken to him too and has let slip despite his promises. Aisling Kelly from Ireland has agreed to meet us so we need to decide when we go to Dublin. Have you had any thoughts on that?'

I shrugged, no committedly.

He frowned but continued, 'I've yet to hear from Northern Ireland but we can always run without them to start off with, though I believe they'll have a change of heart too. I just need to sort out the stadiums and start getting yeses from them and then the logistics fun can really begin. I suspect the papers will be on to us soon so maybe we need to get a meeting booked in with Ludo Bagman as soon as possible.'

'I'll get onto that on Monday and you must let me know if there's anything else I can do.'

'Beyond putting your name behind this and paying for Percy?' Draco snorted derisively. 'Besides, that's a dangerous offer to make to a man like me, Harry. You don't know what sort of trouble that could get you into.'

I turned my head to look at him, my eyebrow raised. 'Now, what sort of thing are you thinking, Draco Malfoy, because that sounds both enticing and dangerous.' I was aware my voice low and flirtatious but I couldn't help it. I watched his ears go that endearing pink and smiled wickedly before turning back to watch the flames.

'Is it your plan to hid away down here all day?' he asked.

'It's working so far.'

He was studying my face as my defences came up. I didn't want him asking but I knew it was coming.

'You don't like the crowds, do you? Even when it's all your friends and extended family.'

'No,' I admitted quietly. 'I find it overwhelming. And they all start looking at me and asking for bloody leadership and I just can't... not unless there's something very specific I need to do, then I have the focus, but this... it's awful. I love everyone for coming but... I don't know, put me in a one to one or just a small group and I'm fine... it's just a lot fucking worse since the war...'