letting go pt. 2 - j.o

letting go pt.2 - j.o

" "Hey - Um," you heard the familiar voice. She looked around Carmen as if she were looking for something.

"Is y/n here?" The voice questioned.

"Oh my god," you heard Carmen say. "You're Jenna Ortega!" "

-

You jolted up at hearing her name. Your head banging on the top of the fridge, making a loud thud.

"Fuck!" You said in reaction to the pain. You stood up straight, rubbing the back of your head.

There wasn't much time for you to think about how you were going to react to seeing her again. You took a deep breath and hoped for the best.

You approached the door, your heart feeling like it is going to pound out of your chest. You saw the small girl standing there in a black jacket and a duffel bag over her shoulder. Her brunette locks were pulled back into a half-up half-down style with stray pieces on each side.

And just like that - it felt like no time has passed, you wanted to scoop the girl into your arms and never let go.

"Jens," tears brewed in your eyes. There were a million emotions hitting you all at once. You choked up, unable to get any more words out.

"Wait," Carmen interrupted. "You know her?! Why didn't you tell me?"

Jenna pursed her lips and nodded once. "Yeah, we know each other very well."

"Don't tell me this is the ex you couldn't bother getting over?" Carmen folded her arms over her chest, annoyance growing in her tone. Before you and Carmen started dating, you told her you were worried about a relationship because you couldn't get past your ex.

"If this is a bad time, I can g-" Jenna started.

"No!" You almost shouted instinctively. "I mean, please don't."

"Hello?" Carmen snapped her fingers in front of you to get your attention. "Aren't you going to answer me?"

You felt like you couldn't take your eyes off Jenna. You blinked then turned your attention towards Carmen.

You huffed a deep sigh, you couldn't lie to her. "It is," you muttered under your breath, looking back down at the ground.

"Y'know what, I can't and I won't do this," Carmen responded. She slipped on her sandals and pushed her way past Jenna, their shoulders colliding as Carmen left down the hallway.

Even though Carmen just broke up with you, all you felt was relief.

Jenna cleared her throat, making you look back over at her. She was clutching her duffel bag strap that sat on her shoulder tightly. "Uh, I'm sorry."

You sat there in silence for a moment before reaching out and pulling the small girl into your embrace, hugging her tightly. Your chest felt warm when you felt her nuzzle her face in your chest and sly her arms around your waist.

You took a few steps back to bring her into your apartment, keeping yourselves in the hug. You used your foot to close the door behind you. Holding the back of her head to your chest, you caressed your fingers through her silky brunette hair, which was now cut at shoulder length.

You pulled yourselves away after a few minutes. "Look at you, huh?" You said while poking at her short hair. "You look great, Jenna." You gave her a soft grin, tears still present in your eyes.

"Coming from you," she said in return, her soft lips curling into a smile.

-

You sat on the couch together for an hour, catching up with each other. Jenna told you all about Romania, meeting Tim Burton, and her castmates. Her voice was music to your ears, you could listen to her talk for hours.

The conversation drew quiet once there wasn't much more for her to say, leading to the inevitable conversation.

"Why did you stop talking to me, Jens?" You blurted out, not the delivery you were hoping to have. "I'm sorry, I know you were busy."

"I hate myself for it, y/n," she admitted, looking down at her lap.

"Was it because you and Emma..."

She sighed quietly and bit down on her lip. "We weren't dating, if that was what you were going to ask."

Another sense of relief flooded your body. "Oh-"

"I mean, she wanted to. But fuck, y/n. I couldn't get you out of my damn head."

She picked you over Emma Myers. The Emma Myers. You couldn't believe the words that escaped her mouth. All of this time, you'd thought she found better than you.

"Why didn't you reach out to me, baby gi-" you stuttered. "I-I mean, Jenna." You felt your face flush hot.

Jenna's heart raced at you pulling out one of your old nicknames for her.

"Because-" she sniffled and looked back up at you with those big brown eyes. "I was scared of hurting you again, y/n. I couldn't do it, I couldn't be selfish."

But to you, it wasn't her being selfish. You needed her as much as she needed you.

"And look," her voice cracked. "I come back and I ruined whatever you had with her! I'm so sorry." She sucked in a big breath before letting out a few cries. "I'm so fucking sorry, y/n."

You hated seeing Jenna this upset. You wrapped your arms around her and pulled her into you. rubbing your hand soothingly up and down her spine, it's what you would do to comfort her when you were dating.

Her cries grew quieter within 30 seconds, you continued to draw circles around her back.

"Jenna Marie Ortega," you began, her full name making her look up at you. "Never, ever, think that you being in my life would ruin anything for me. Because for you, I would sacrifice it all."

She looked up at you doe-eyed and pupils blown wide. Her eyes were red around the edges from crying.

"I missed you so much," her voice raspy. "So fucking much."

"I missed you so much more," you argued, a grin on your face.

"Can-Can you still be mine?" She asked hesitantly.

Your heart swelled at her asking you out, for the second time. This was the first time in 2 years since you've felt true happiness. The first time in two years since you had a real smile on your face. Everything felt right again with Jenna back in your life.

"Only if you don't ghost me again, Ortega," you teased with a smile on your face.

You saw her tiny hand reach up, with her pinky extended. You wrapped your pinky back around hers.

"I never broke our last pinky promise," she spoke softly.

"And neither did I."

-end.

a/n: u guys deserved part 2 on the same day ily <3