Chapter 42

Harry's fingers slipped from mine as he retrieved his phone from the coffee table. I admired the side profile of his face, lips slightly pouting as he concentrated on the text that had just buzzed in arrival. A small smile graced his mouth before he turned to me.

"Do you remember, Sean?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, your arty friend."

Harry laughed at my description.

"Well, he's gone away for a bit and he asked if I could just check on his studio to make sure everything's alright. Do you wanna come with?"

I nodded, smiling.

"Now?" My eyebrows raised.

"Yeah."

"Let me get my shoes."

I withdrew my legs from Harry's lap and climbed off of the sofa. When I returned ready to go, he had switched off the TV and put his converse on.

"Come on."

***

The car pulled up to curb before Harry shut the ignition off. His dimples were displayed, exiting the vehicle and jogging around to my side. My body slipped down, feet making contact with the pavement. I was free to scan the environment as Harry made sure the car was locked. I'd never been to this part of town before. Even in the dark it managed to emit a creative vibe about it. You'd be sure to find individuals hunched over note books as they transferred their imagination from their mind to paper, sitting in small cafes. There was a mix of modern and traditional architecture lining the road, tall trees along the path.

"Bo."

I spun to find Harry stretching his arm out to me. My fingers clasped his as he encouraged me to walk by the side of him.

"Where's Sean's studio?"

"It's down here."

I was guided down a small brick path in between two buildings, my free hand brushing the left wall that displayed splashes of colour. We stopped in front of a metal door, Harry pulling keys from his back pocket. I patiently waited as the entrance was unlocked, my body staying in close proximity to Harry, having yet to find the light switch.

When the area was engulfed in brightness, I was a little surprised to just find a staircase.

"Go on up, I'll be there in a second."

With Harry's instructions I ascended the stairs, my eyes widening as I reached the top. The space was far reaching, the walls plain white, with a wide, floor to ceiling window to the front of the building. Sean's art projects were scattered around the sides containing different work stations for models, paintings, drawing.

"What do you think?"

Harry's warmth could be felt behind me before he snaked an arm to hold my waist.

"It's amazing." I replied, stunned.

He breathily laughed against my neck, leaving a kiss to my cheek before leaving me to wander around. I found myself in front of a striking image of a woman, the paint brush having caught the features of her pretty face with dark colours. It made me wonder if she was a friend of Sean's or an image he had created from memory. My thoughts drifted to Harry. I neither had the skill or the patience to paint anything. But if I did, it would be him. I'm sure the studio would be vastly stocked but I seriously doubted there was the exact colour to match his heart shaped lips. The blushing pink adorning his mouth was one of my favourite shades, that and the stunning green of his eyes.

The space in the middle of the vast room was completely empty which I thought a little strange. I glanced down upon hearing something crinkle beneath my foot, soon discovering a huge paper canvas spread across the studio floor. When I turned to bring this to Harry's attention he was busy reading a note taped to the window.