Part 1

A red string means soulmate to another. Now with these Red strings, there are no names signalling who and who will be soulmates with these Red strings only that the other end of the string is who you will forever be with. Draco Malfoy has heard these tales and stories so many times he can almost reiterate exactly the entire tale of these Red strings even the one connected to his wrist apparently only he could see the Red string on him and no one else other than whoever his soulmate was.

Going through his first and second years without really spotting his soulmate- Atleast he thinks he's never spotted them until recently, very recently involving a raven haired boy. He wonders if he should just make it clear to the oblivious boy that they're Soulmates or figure out what's been troubling the raven since third year began. But is that all he wants to do or is there something else down the line....?

___________________________

Harry didn't know who he was connected to as a Soulmate but that was the least of his worries. The first and one he wants to figure out quickly; is the pain in his back that lingers and stays repeatedly causing very, very uncomfortable nights of sleep. He hasn't really told anyone about this not even his best friends Hermione and Ron.

He sighed and shifted to get comfortable this was starting to annoy him but he didn't want to bother Madam Pomfery over something so little, so he never went to her since the year began with the issue. Probably just back pain; he told himself. Then again, he hasn't been to the hospital wing since the Dementor attack at Quidditch and the destruction of his broom. A stinging shock shot through his spine and he gasped quietly to not draw attention to himself in class and shut his eyes so the pain would pass, he let out a shaky quiet breath and gulped down the saliva that formed in his mouth and ignored the sweat forming on his face.

He really need to figure out what was going on and why the pain felt so strong.

Throughout his entire pained state he was oblivious to the look of confusion sent his way from a certain blonde, Draco happened to look to his left and see Harry almost trembling with a pained expression on his face that is what he was confused by since he's done nothing to him nor has anyone else as far as he was aware. Then again, why did he care about the Potter? He didn't but something in his gut says he should; that however he ignored that weird thing in his gut and tuned out the boring class of charms.

Trailing the halls of Hogwarts he let his mind wander to a certain tale about the Red string attached to him and whoever his Soulmate was. The tale of Red strings. He can almost resight (can't spell skdhej-) the entire thing by heart with the amount of times he's heard of it through his parents, sure, he'll be in an arranged marriage when he's of age due to his blood no matter his Soulmate because his father wants to keep the same bloodline. Pure-blood. He would almost scoff at that but then thought about how he hasn't found his Soulmate nor know who they are so why bother with the arrangement of a marriage? He shrugged it off for now and thought how he'll need to make that he keeps his Veela inheritance completely secret from literally everyone if he can, that old man Dumbledore wouldn't be able to tell would he? He wasn't exactly sure but he would need to keep it secret per- his mother's request.

But the one thing that stays on his mind is what this year will be like.

_________
4/2/23