Chapter 2: A Strange Dream

It has been about one month since Moonshadow and Rex had arrived in Equestria Rex couldn't be happier, but Moonshadow was still having a hard time adjusting to his new home. He did get to know some of the ponies after they decided to throw him a surprise party the night he arrived here.

He learned that Pinkie Pie comes from a rock farm and loves to spread joy and make ponies smile all the time. Applejack has an older brother and younger sister, and they all work together to make Sweet Apple Acres the best it can be. He learned that Rarity dreams of opening a lot of fashion boutiques all over Equestria and that she was kind of pretty, but he still hardly talked to her. While Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy both come from Cloudsdale, and Rainbow Dash dreams of becoming a Wonderbolt, while Fluttershy stays in her cottage to look after her animal friends.

Moonshadow would spend most of his time working on his magic or reading books at the Golden Oak library that was right across his large blue and black house here in Equestria.

Today was the day of the Summer Sun Celebration, an event in which his aunt Princess Celestia chose a town or city to let them see how she used her magic to lower the moon and raise the sun. Some pony was coming to supervise the festivities for the Celebration, and Moonshadow got a letter from his aunt asking him to give the pony a tour. He wasn't in the mood for more of his aunt's attempts to make friends but eventually agreed to do it.

Right now, it was early morning while Moonshadow was still sleeping in his bed with Rex lying in a ball next to him, sleeping as well. He shifted in his sleep as a blue glow emitted on his horn.

Inside his dream,m Moonshadow found himself inside an endless black void as he looked around in confusion.

"Huh? Where am I?" Moonshadow asked, looking around the void, confusion in his eyes.

"Help," A mysterious voice cried out.

"Huh?" Moonshadow questioned, trying to find the source of the quiet yet somewhat familiar voice.

"Please, you must help," The mysterious voice continues to call out.

"Who there? Where are you? Come on out; I can't help you if I don't know who you are," He said.

A blinding light then flashed into Moonshadow's face as he found himself in a different landscape that looked like a balcony and a bright moon in the sky. In front of him was a beautiful Alicorn mare with greyish phthalo blue cost, moderated cyan eyes, and lush light azure mane and tail. Her Cutie Mark was a pure white moon surrounded by darkness.

He blinked a few times, not believing what he was seeing. This mare reminded him of his mother.

"What going on? Is this a dream? This has to be you resemble my mom, but yet you don't seem to be my mom," Moonshadow muttered, confused.

"Thousands of years ago, there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land," The mare said as she levitated a book as it opened up, revealing two Alicorn. One was his aunt Celestia and the other was his mother, who resembled the one in front of her, but her mane was styled differently.

As the mysterious mere spoke, the pages flipped to show exactly what she was saying.

"To do this, the eldest used her alicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn while the younger brought out the moon at night," The Mysterious mare continued.

"I know that, but why are you telling me this story? My Aunt told me many times?" Moonshadow asked.

"The two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects, all the different types of ponies. But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger alicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness, Nightmare Moon."

"Yeah, I was young, but I remember the day my mother was taken away from me," Moonshadow muttered.

"She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponydom: the Elements of Harmony. Using the magic of the Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister and banished her permanently on the moon. The elder sister was responsible for both sun and moon, and harmony has been maintained in Equestria for generations since."

"So why are you telling me an old story? I have been spent most of my childhood trying to forget that night?" Moonshadow asked, confused.

"It has come to the time that Nightmare Moon will be free again. And it's up to you to stop her for good."

"Me? What do you mean me?"

"You promise to get your mother back, right? You don't plan to let her continue to be consumed by the darkness in her heart and destroy Equestria, or will you end it and save her?"

"Who are you, and how do you know that promise?"

"You know me better than you believe, but you and your allies must stop Nightmare Moon once and for all."

Moonshadow narrowed his eyes in thought for a minute, but soon a determination appeared in his eyes.

"I'll do it. I'll save my mother and Equestria! But I don't have any allies."

"I knew that you would make the right choice Moonshadow. You do have allies, but you must let them in and not fear betrayal. You may wake up now."

With that said, a bright light blinds Moonshadow vision once again.

Moonshadow then found himself back in reality, waking up as he rubbed his eyes to wake up and yawned, still wondering about the dream.

"Man, that dream was so real, and that pony was quite familiar, but it couldn't have been Mom, right?"

"Woof," Rex barked, looking back at Moonshadow.

"It's fine; Rex just had a strange dream. No need to look at my concern," Moonshadow said."I am heading out to see the mayor and ask her if she knows who my aunt wanted me to give a tour to since she didn't tell me herself in my letter.

Rex nodded as he fell back asleep as. Moonshadow started to make his way out of his house to head to the Mayor's office to see who he was supposed to give a tour to today.

Hey everyone!

I finally finished a new chapter of The Legend of Moonshadow. In this chapter, he had a strange dream of a mysterious mare telling the story the story of what happened between his mother and Aunt. A story he had been trying to forget for years. So his mother will return as Nightmare after losing her so long ago.

Thanks for reading!

WC: 1198