Chapter 30 - Combined Chapter

**Elena's POV**

After a few days, I felt better...well, physically anyway. Rae was found hurt in the forbidden forest. She only wanted my dad and the twins. I was glad she wanted my dad. I was glad the pair were talking. Angelina however didn't understand and wouldn't shut up about it. She went on and on for twenty minutes. She was annoying everyone in the common room . She was starting to make me mad. "Angelina, enough!" I stood up quickly. Everyone looked at me. "I hurt her and she has a right to be upset! Get over it!" I stormed out and bumped into the twins. "How is she?" I ask worriedly. They nodded and went on their way. I went on my way and spent the day by myself. Just before curfew, I walked back into the common room. I noticed Fred sitting by the fire. "Mind if I join you?" He looked at me and motioned for me to sit. We sat in silence and it was nice. I could feel times changing.

**Rae's POV**

I stir, waking slowly. My muscles are tight and aching. I let out a soft groan as I shift, feeling my back tense. In an instant Remus is beside me, brushing his fingers through my hair.

"Snuffles?" I murmur. It's hard to even breathe, my lungs are so tight.

"He's fine," Remus says, "He's at Hagrid's being taken care of."

I nod and try to relax.

"Everything hurts," I say.

"I know, you'll be sore for a while," Remus says, "the venom that paralyzed you didn't leave your system completely, so your muscles will feel tight for a couple of days. You'll have to stay here until you can move properly, if you stress your lungs then they could fail."

"That's reassuring," I mutter, "what about the injections? Didn't they help?"

"They saved your life," Remus answers, "but the venom acts fast. It had already gotten in to your muscles and started working. Another five minutes and there would have been nothing we could do."

I nod, feeling tears pool in my eyes. Remus sighs slightly.

"I'm sorry," he says, "about everything. I know I haven't really been there for you to talk to, but if you want to talk, you can come to me. You come first."

I nod, choking back tears.

"I'm sorry too," I say, a sob escaping, "I know I hurt you because I was hurt. That wasn't okay."

Remus smiles at me.

"It's in the past," he says, "let's just focus on getting better, okay?"

"Okay," I say, lifting my arm to wipe my eyes. It feels so heavy, like I have weights attached to my wrists. I let out a long breath.

"Can you bring Snuffles up here?" I ask. Remus shakes his head.

"He needs rest as well, we can't move him yet," he says, "as soon as you're better you can go visit him, though. I promise."

Remus looks at his watch.

"Dinner should be finishing," he says, "I told the twins to come and visit you after."

"And to bring my homework, right?" I joke. Remus smiles, but shakes his head.

"No, you're on homework ban for a couple of days," he says, "which I know is awful..."

I laugh and start coughing violently. Remus helps me sit up and the coughing eases.

"On a laughing ban too, I guess," I sigh, sinking back into the pillows.