Chapter Two: As They Grew

ابدأ من البداية

They were determined to bring their sweet little Princess back. It took them quite a while. But they managed to bring her back. They reassured her that they loved her and that was what mattered, but she still couldn't help but feel upset at the prospect of her other family members loving her.

For Mother's Day, she had decided she would give her mother and aunts something that would make them notice her.

On the morning of Mother's Day, she slipped into Hayley's bedroom and left a beautiful flower crown that she had made herself along with a card.

For her aunts, she made poems about them and painted them a portrait. It took her a month to paint the portraits.

For Davina and Keelin, she was quite nervous that they weren't going to like what she had gotten them.

Even though Keelin wasn't released to her by blood or marriage yet, Hope still saw her as family.

After delivering the gift for her mother and aunts she entered Elijah and Davina's room with almost frightened look on their face.

"Hello, darling." Elijah said to his beloved niece as he climbed on the bed.

"Hi, Uncle Elijah." She said quietly. She scooted closer to Davina who put the small girl on her lap.

"What's the matter, Princess." Davina asked the child.

"Nothing, just nervous." She replied but was still heard.

Elijah and Davina looked at each other confused. Why was she nervous? They were determined to find out.

"What are you nervous about, darling?" Elijah asked. He caught out of the corner of his eye, her hand moving. She was holding something more specifically a card and a small box.

A small knowing smile grew on his face. He remembered that today was Mother's Day.

"Happy Mother's Day, Auntie Davina." She said with a small smile on her face as she handed Davina a box and card.

Davina smiled widely at her niece.

Davina opened the box and gasped at what she saw. It was a necklace. It looked like it had the colors of the butterfly in it.

"Auntie Keelin helped me pick it out. The colors are supposed to be the seven healing chakras." Hope explained.

"It's a beautiful necklace Princess. I'll never take it off." Davina told Hope and Elijah put the necklace around her neck.

"I have a matching one so we'll look the same!" The redhead child said as she showed Davina her matching necklace.

"You look like twins now." Elijah teased his niece lightly as he began to tickle her. While he was distracting Hope, it gave Davina time to read the card she had give her.

"Aunt Davina, Happy Mother's Day! You are the best auntie in the whole world!! You always make me smile and I love you sooooooo much! Love to the moon and back, Your Princess."

Davina teared up. When Elijah and Hope were finished goofing around, she pulled the girl into a hug and kissed all over her face.