1 - It Starts in a Bar

A/N: This ENTIRE story is dedicated to Fate Rose: my real-life friend who introduced me to writing some time ago. Without her, this story wouldn't be here! Check her and her amazing works out! I would love to give her all the fans and votes that I have! That is how awesome she is! Thanks so much for reading! :)

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am aware that Cupid is a Roman god and the description says that this is Greek mythology. Eros is the Greek God of Love while Cupid is the Roman one. I am aware of this and it is addressed in this story. If you were not originally aware of this, then continue to read on. Best wishes and enjoy! :) 

___________________________________________________________________________

Why do 4 out of 5 relationships start in the most random places? Places like in the park, at a store, at a restaurant, or even walking down the street. Those places all seem alright. But where was I today? At a bar, a nonsmoking bar. I bet you can guess what I was really craving right then: a cigarette.

I sighed and drummed my fingers against the table. I was sitting alone at the small circular wood table with a rum and coke sitting before me. I took a sip and looked around the cheap excuse for a bar. The guy sitting just a few feet away from me smelled as if he had just smoked two packs before he walked in and he was driving my senses nuts. If I didn't have a job to do I would have left to go smoke but I took another sip of my alcohol and watched my client.

He was a college boy sitting with his friends unbeknownst to the event that was about to happen. I kept a close eye on him as one of his immature friends made a joke and the whole table laughed loud and unashamed. My client looked like he didn't want to be there but gave a courtesy laugh to the joke anyway.

I sighed and looked down at my watch then back up at my client. I noticed that he excused himself from the table and walked over to the bartender probably to order another round of drinks. I ran my hand through my dark red hair and stood up from my table grabbing my drink. I could only think about how badly I wanted a cigarette as I passed the man who heavily smelled of smoke.

I approached my client who was currently waiting for the bartender to finished making his drinks. My client glanced over at me then did a double take. He looked me up and down then a wide grin appeared on his face.

"Hello," he greeted and I noted that he had a nice smile probably due to years of dental work.

I smiled back politely. "Hi."

"Can I help you?" He never let his grin falter. I glanced back over at his group of friends that seemed to be watching our every move.

"Actually," I whispered. "I want to help you."

"Oh?" He seemed surprised as I took a seat on one of the barstools. "How so?"

I lowered my voice so only he could hear. "I know you don't want to be here but your friends insisted that you come so they can get you out of this weird mood that you've been in lately."

My client's eyebrows knitted together and he looked at me as if I was insane. "How do you know that?"

I chose to ignore his question as the sound of the door opening caught my attention. A pretty blonde walked in with tear streaks down her cheeks and I smirked. Right on time. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed it to the man still staring at me confused.

"Take this twenty and buy that girl over there a drink. Trust me, she needs one. Don't make any moves on her; just let her tell you her problem though I'm sure she will be hesitant about it. Give her your number at the end of the night and recommend that she call it should she need someone to talk to." I shoved the bill into his hands. He looked at the girl who was now sitting a few chairs away from us and was currently ordering a drink.