58

We eventually reach the building. It's much larger up close. Sort of scary... I take Tobias's hand and squeeze. He looks down at me and smiles. His lips the touch mine and I smile. He's so sweet. I brush my fingers along the building. It's cold and has a metal like feel.

Eventually we'd made a full circle of the building. Then we spotted it; a small indent. Tobias pressed it and something moved behind us. As we turn, I hold Tobias's hand tighter.

"Tobias, Tris." I'm instantly confused. How does this person know my name? I budge Tobias slightly out of the way to see who it is. And I don't recognise the man standing in front of us. I look up at Tobias. His eyes are close to bearing tears and his face lacks any expression. Blank. Tobias recognises him.

"Tobias?" I say in a small, quiet voice. My voice comes out too quiet. I repeat myself, slightly louder this time. I shake his left arm which I'm currently holding onto. His eyes stay trained on the man in front of us, I begin to worry and my eyes fill up. I mumble his name again and my voice cracks. I feel his arm tense and I know this is it. He knows this man. But how? I squeeze his arm, harshly on purpose. His arms shifts ever so slightly.

"It's me Tobias. C'mere." The man says. Tobias stiffens up even harder, I shake his arm again. Tobias's bottom lip trembles.

"T-" I begin but I'm cut off by the man. He starts walking towards us, I tuck myself into Tobias's shoulder blade.

"A-Am"

"Amar. That's ma name, don't wear it out, stiff." Amar? Who's Amar? How does he know Tobias's name? Or where he is from? I knuzzle my head into Tobias's back. I listen to their muffled voices.

"You're dead." It's the first words I hear from Tobias since seeing this man.

"No, stiff. I'm not dead. My death was faked. Are you gonna come inside or what?" The man, Amar says. Tobias moves, so I unburrow from his back and walk along side him. His hand doesn't touch mine. What kind of connection do these two have? Tobias won't even hold my hand for crying out loud. Were they? No. Surely not.

Amar takes us inside the building, we get in through a separate building, a few miles after the first one we saw. Inside the building, everything is hospital white. I shiver due to the coldness. It's as if everything here is completely sterile. Amar nods at some man who if walking past us, down the corridor. The man smiles with acknowledgment and continues walking quickly down the corridor.

"This, my friends is The Bureau a of Genetic Welfare." His word sreplay in my head, and I'm instantly confused. I can tell by Tobias's face, he is too. His eyes are squinted, which to be fair could be because of the bright lighting in here. "Let's get you two bedded down for the night, because it's going to be a lot of explaining before you understand what's going on."

We end up in a small, dark room. It has a double bed, which I'm safely tucked into Tobias's chest in. There is nothing else in the room, but the bed and then an end suite with a basic shower, toilet and sink.

"Tobias?" I whisper. He wraps his arms around my body.

"Yeah?"

"Who's Amar?" He looks down at me. I'm automatically confused. Tobias's eyes are watery. "Did you two..." I take a breath. "Have a thing together?" His face contorts.

"What? No." He lightly chuckles. "Amar, he was...My instructor. My heart sinks. I know who he is. He's the guy who was found dead. I stay quiet. "He helped me hide my divergence...Helped me through all of it..." Tobias pauses, I look up to him. Then he says in the smallest, quietest voice I've ever heard from him, "He was like my dad."

"I thought he died...?"

"I did too Tris." His eyes dried up. I kiss his jaw an snuggle into his neck. He kisses the top of my head and in between my eyebrows.

"The kids?" I blurt out. "We can't stay here, we need to go back." I say, and I begin to move. Tobias hands stop me, wrapping himself around me, enclosing me.

"It's too late, we'll go home tomorrow. Okay?" I nod, not realising that he won't feel that over my nervous shake.

"Okay," I say. "Tomorrow." I mouth, we will get our kids. I'm not staying here another day.

OVER MY ABSENSE FROM WRITING, THIS STORY HIT OVER 100K!!!! THAT'S A-MOTHERFLUFFING-MAZING!!! I'M ACTUALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW. I'm so happy, thank you all, it makes me happy to know that I'm not a failure in fandom's. I LOVE YOU ALL!❤❤❤