The Ballad Of Mona Lisa~Chapter Two: Tell Me I'm Right

Mona Lisa really was back home. Her personality had not change, but her looks were another story. She had an uneven tan complexion, that scar that ruined her smile, her dark hair was frizzy and simply tucked into a bun, and skinnier than ever. She was only back because of a premonition she had last year. At least, she was pretty sure she had a premonition, since she had not thought of Brendon for a while at the time.

As Mona continued to hurry to Mary's house, Mona reflected on the last time she had seen Brendon.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Another dumb party was occurring as Brendon and Mona sneaked out of the Urie home. Crickets chirped, the sky was a quilt of midnight blue and the twinkling stars and the silvery moon. Mona was forced into a custom-made olive green masterpiece. Although it was a masterpiece, it was giving her less breathing room than if she was suffocating. Mona gazed at the moon. She commented, "Those pinheads don't know what they're missing."

Brendon cracked up. "They're missing the moon. The stars. Bloody hell, those bastards need a breath of fresh air!"

Mona nodded. "You really need to stop repeating my father's claims. Even if they are right."

Brendon whispered, "Mona, do you still plan on leaving here?"

Mona nodded. "Brendon, I am a gypsy soul. If I stay around here any longer, I'll go mad. I swear I will be back. Why can't you come with me?"

"I can't do that to my parents!"

Mona was silent for a moment. "I have to go."

Mona pecked Brendon's lips, and Brendon pulled her in. They stayed like this for a few minutes. Mona winked. "I'll see you later." She trudged off the property. When she looked back, Brendon was staring at her as if she had lost her mind.

Brendon felt oddly giddy. Brendon supported this romance. As he returned to his own home, Brendon felt glee settle in his core. Best friends until the end. Better off as lovers.

______________________________________________________________________________

Mona worried if her premonition was an actual premonition, and if it came true before she could save her Brendon... Mona felt odd worrying. She had been care-free, eager, and at her peak condition these past ten years. Her years with gypsies and other wanderers could do nothing to block her love for Brendon. He came and went through her thoughts at odd times. Mona panicked as she paced herself quickly.

Mary Stafford. Why would Brendon get involved with her? Why would Elizabeth Wren or Kathryn Lacelyn reject the charming Brendon Urie? Mona could only begin to imagine Brendon's appearance in person now. Handsome as a pre-teen and a very young teenager... he is now one of the one of the most enviable men in Europe now.

Mona shook her head. Romance now and your childhood friend might possibly be dead by now? The last time Mona had felt amorous love was when she met Remus. Dark hair, olive skin, strong nose, those dark eyes... the gypsy boy had been so much like herself. She had been somewhat courted by the Romanian, until the premonition came and Mona fled back to her home-place.

Her footsteps finally hit the path that led to the Stafford home. The sunrise made the moment somehow perfect. Several stolen horses, a few lucky carriages, and miles walked to get back here. Mona noticed the Stafford house seemed to be empty. She hesitated at the door, then flung the open door back. Mona entered. She raced down the hallway, then a body that certainly wasn't breathing caught her eye. She turned around to find her Brendon, dead.