Chapter Twelve

THE BOSS UNDERCOVER SERIES IS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON FOR E-BOOK AND PAPERBACK. LET ME KNOW IF YOU'VE READ IT! ALSO, CHECK OUT MY LATEST BOOK, 'THE LOVE AFFAIR' ON HERE!

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED AND ALTERED*

Harper could not get to sleep. The whole of Saturday night she was restless. All she could think about was those lips, the lips she had kissed that had completely took her by surprise. Did it really happen? Had it been a dream? Or had she really kissed her boss back? Nothing made sense. That wasn't supposed to happen. Or was it? As soon as they had collided, things had completely gone out of control. His hands were all over her, her hands had ran through his hair and their mouths had succumbed to one another. Maybe it was mistake? Perhaps he didn't mean to and had gotten confused for the second to initiate the kiss? Who knew? Harper didn't. None of it made sense.

Unable to even blink an eye of sleep, Harper sat up in her bed, pushing away the quilt before gently brushing her fingertips across her lips. They still felt there. Those lips. It felt as if it had only happened moments ago. The sensation felt undeniable. She had really kissed him. They had been together in that lift caught up in the moment. It was without a doubt, reality.

There was a sudden short knock on the door revealing her flatmate, Daniella, holding a tray in her hands, which on top held a bacon sandwich and glass of orange juice. "Hey, thought you might want some breakfast," she offered, placing it on Harper's bedside table. Harper glanced towards her alarm clock surprised to see that it was dawning seven in the morning. She hadn't really gotten any sleep.

"Thanks," Harper thanked her as her best friend sat down on the bottom of her bed.

"You alright? You look exhausted. You were acting so weird last night. What's up?" she asked.

Harper rubbed her eyes. "N-nothing," she denied, "I wasn't acting weird."

"Er, yeah you were, Harper. You were pacing the apartment and don't tell me you weren't," Daniella objected.

Harper sighed. "I might have done something I'm definitely regretting."

"And what's that exactly?"

Harper looked towards her hands, unsure if she should admit the truth but knowing it would eat her up from the inside, she told Dani the truth. "I-I kissed the boss."

Daniella jumped up onto her bed, gobsmacked as she then mounted herself onto Harper with excitement. "What! Oh my god! How? What the fuck!" her words came out like a headless chicken running around.

"Okay, okay," Harper laughed a little, pushing her friend off. "It's not supposed to be a good thing."

"Why not?" Dani said perplexed.

"Because...it shouldn't have happened. And-well, I was quitting and he just sprung up on me from nowhere. And I'm just so confused right now because—" Harper blabbered on.

-"Woah, woah, chill for a second. He kissed you? Well then, you've got nothing to feel about and wait... why would you?" Dani interjected, shaking her head.

"I just do. It makes everything so complicated now. I'm going to have to quit my job. How can I go into work when this has happened? Fuck," Harper replied, dropping her heads into her hands with a short groan.

"Don't be silly, Harper. You can't give up because of this. You worked hard to get into there and if you're going to let that define you and take charge, then you're foolish. Clearly the guy finds you attractive, there's nothing wrong with a bit of office romance," Dani said, rubbing her hand reassuringly across Harper's back.