[5] conversations

Start from the beginning

Once she was done we all sat there in shock, even though I had found out earlier that day about her father, it was still very unexpected and a weird topic. "So let me get this straight. You're saying that you're the daughter of Billy Loomis, and what? That one of us is the killer?" Chad asked in disbelief.

"The killer told me that he knew my secret. He attacked Tara to lure me back here." Sam explained, "But then why immediately go and murder some douche nozzle that was stalking Liv, and attack my sister?" Chad asked.

"Why does it have to be one of us? What about Deputy Dewey here? Maybe he's the killer. No offence." Wes added, "None taken, but what's my motive?" Dewey asked, confused on why Wes think that.

"You got stabbed a billion times, got dumped by your famous wife and crawled into a bottle. I think it's safe to say that you're on the suspect list." Wes explained, "Wes, he's here to help." I said reminding my best friend.

"We'll, maybe you're the killer. Because that cut deep." Dewey said and Wes gave the man a sympathetic look. "That douche nozzle is connected. I googled him. His mom is Leslie Macher. Stu Macher's sister." Amber said.

"Who's Stu Macher?" Liv asked and I rolled my eyes, "Oh my god." I mumbled. "He's Billy Loomis's accomplice. A real, loony tune." Dewey explained to the uninformed girl.

"Okay, okay. So the first four attacks are all people related to the original killers or victims of the killings." Sam pointed out, "Oh my god! He's making a requel!" Mindy said.

"A what?" Sam asked confused, "Or a legacyquel. Fans are torn on the terminology." Mindy explained. Of course I already knew what these things meant being her sister, but most of the others didn't.

"Speak english please." Chad said, Mindy looked at him disappointed that he didn't already know these meanings. "Okay. Remember the Stab movie that came out last year?" Mindy asked.

"Oh yeah! The one that the Knives Out guy directed, right? You know I actually really liked that one." Liv said happy that she knew something, until Mindy bursted her bubble. "Of course you did. You have terrible taste." Mindy said and I laughed, not liking Chads girlfriend very much. "I hate you." Liv said to my sister and I glared at the pink haired girl.

"The point is, the hard core Stab fans hated it. You go on 4chan and Dreadit, all they're talking about is how Stab 8 pissed on their childhoods. How they crammed in social commentary to make it elevated. How the main character's a Mary Sue." Mindy ranted.

"What's a Mary Sue?" Richie asked, "You really don't want to know." Wes said and I nodded my head agreeing with the boy. "What's wrong with elevated horror? I mean, Jordan Peele fucking rules." Amber said.

"Uh, obviously, but that's not Stab. Real Stab movies are meta slasher whodunits, full stop." Mindy explained, "Come on, it's just a movie." Sam said getting annoyed with the topic.

"No, it's not. To some people, the original is their favourite thing in the world. The movie that made them love horror. The movie that mom or dad showed them when they were ten that bonded them together. And god help anyone who slightly fucks with that special memory. Who makes a movie they think disrespects it. It sounds like our killer is writing its own version of Stab 8, but doing it as a requel." Mindy ranted again whirl I listened curiously.

"Which is?" Dewey asked Mindy, "See, you can't just reboot a franchise from scratch anymore. The fans won't stand for it. Black Christmas, Child's Play, Flatliners... That shit doesn't work. But you can't just do a straight sequel, either. Uh. You got to build something new. But not too new, of the Internet goes bug fucking nuts. It's got to be part of an ongoing story line, even if the story shouldn't have been ongoing in the first place. New main characters, yes, but supported by and related to legacy characters. Not quite a reboot, not quite a sequel. Like the new Halloween, Saw, Terminators, Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters... fuck even Star Wars! It always, always goes back to the original!" Mindy ranted again trying to explain better.

"Are you telling me that i'm caught in the middle of fan fucking fiction?" Sam said pissed, "Not just in the middle Sam. You're the star." Mindy explained. "Fucking psychotic bastards!" I said out loud, Amber and Richie glared at me but nobody noticed.

"So, not to put too fine a point on it, but, according to requel rules... who's next?" Liv asked Mindy, "Going by the pattern, whoever it is has to be connected to someone that came before." Mindy said and I thought of how me and the twins were related to Randy, and how Wes' mom is technically a legacy character.

"I'm starting to regret coming here." Dewey said and I gave him a sympathetic look, "Jesus, my mom was a character in one of them." Wes said scared. "No one cares about the shitty inferior sequels, Wes you're safe. With Randy as our uncle thought. Us three our probably screwed." Mindy said pointing towards me and Chad.

"Wait what?" Chad asked, I stayed pretty quiet even thought I had just found out there was a possibility of me dying. The group looked over at me, they noticed that I was zoned out and my good leg was bouncing up at down.

"Zo? Are you okay?" Wes asked putting a hand on my back, when his hand touched me I flinched away and come back into reality. Everyone looked at me concerned and I couldn't deal with it. "I'm going to get some air." I said grabbing my crutches and walking to my front door.

Sam got up and went to go after me but Lindy stopped her, "Trust me. She just needs some time to process this stuff alone." Mindy said to the girl. "It isn't safe for any of us to be alone right now." Sam said, "She just needs time Sam, she's going to be okay. She always is." Mindy said and Sam sat back down nodding her head, agreeing with my sister.

I stood by the railing, letting go of my crutches to grip onto the railing. I took deep breaths in and released them until I felt more calm. I was gripping onto the railing so tight that my knuckles were turning white.

Once I calmed myself down and my anxiety wasn't through the roof anymore, I walked back inside. Right when I opened the door Sam was standing there about to turn the knob. "Bye Zoey, stay safe." Sam said walking away.

Richie was following after her, I shrugged and shut the door behind them walking back into the living room. "Guys i'm pretty tired. I'm gonna go upstairs and rest for a little." I said to the group.

"Okay." Mindy said nodding her head, "Bye guys, please stay safe." I said giving everyone hugs, including my siblings incase something happened. "It was really nice meeting you Dewey." I said to the man when I got to him, "It was nice meeting you too." he said with a smile.

I walked upstairs into my room and shut my door behind me. When I started to think about everything that could possibly happen to me or one of the twins, I promise myself that no matter what happens, I was going to protect them with my life. Even if that meant I had to die.
————————————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! I think this chapter is long but cute! I don't really have much to say about this. But I do think it's sad how Zoey is going to do everything she can to make sure Chad and Mindy survive. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

1916 words