Chapter 8

Eid's day,

"Maisha...Nawal....kahan ho bacchon neeche aao, sab eid ki namaaj pardh ke wapas aane wale honge... " Beejaan's voice echoed in the hall.

A girl is stepping down the stairs in hurry, wearing leaf green coloured kurta with same coloured pant with bottom design and red- checked dupatta with border design.

              (Maisha's look)

She was on mid-way of the stairs when she cheerfully said...
"Eid mubarak Beejaan...".
"Khair Mubarak mera baccha..
Chalo aajao, sab aate hi honge" Beejaan said.
"Jee Beejaan" she said and went downstairs.

Seeing her, Beejaan kissed her head and said....
"Masha allah..bahut pyari lag rahu ho.. Allah tumhe nazrebaad se bachaye. "
She took a little kajal and applied it behind maisha's ear. Maisha took beejaans hand and kissed her knuckles softly.
A soft and musical voice was heared....
"Eid mubarak Beejaan..... Eid mubarak isha aapi" Nawal said to them while coming downstairs with a comb in her hand and ooen hair..

"khai mubarak meri jaan " Beejaan said and asked her why she was not ready yet?
"Mujhse mera baal nhi ban raha"she said whiningly. Her hairs were very silky and it was difficult to hold them in one place. Maisha chuckled lightly, taking comb in her hand she tied her upper part hairs in a simple bun and let the rest hairs open, freely dancing with each other.

Then, they both went to kitchen where there mothers were taking out breakfast in plates, they wished them Eid mubarak and helped them to take the plates to the dining table

They were putting the plates on dining table when elders along with Rameez came after praying eid's namaaj. They wished each other Eid mubarak and everyone seated for breakfast whuch included kimami sewai, sheer khurma, chola....etc
Everyone started with kimami sewai... All were busy in doing breakfast when taya abbu cleared his throat to gain some attention....everyone looked at him....

"Beejaan,Aghajaan main Maisha ko apni bahu banana chahta hun.." Taya abbu said in a serious tone.
Everyone had different expression on their face while Maisha choked badly on her food, tears appeared in her eyes, Nawal poured water in a glass and made her drink it while taayi ammi rubbed her back.
Aghajaan and Beejaan glanced each-other and then Beejaan looked at Rameez who nodded at her, she shooked her head smilingly.
"Hame to Maisha hamesha se apne Rameez ke liye pasand thi,mujhe to ab bas Maisha ke haan ka intezaar hain.
"Tumhara kya khyal hai Gaffar miyan" asked Aghajaan
Chachu was relieved hearing them.. He said..
"Bhaijaan... Mujhe koi aitraaz nhi hai is rishte se, mujhe to khushi hogi ki meri guriyah hamare sath hi rahegi, lekin ...
Ismein guriya ki razamandi honi chahiye... Aakhri faisla guriya ka hi hoga. "
"To Maisha.....beta kya tumhe koi aitraaz hai? " asked faiza begum to her daughter.
"Ammi, Baba.......apko jo sahi lage. ...Ap mujhse bade hain ..ap mere liye accha hi sochenge. " said Maisha meekly to her parents.