Chapter Ten

That night as we were getting ready for bed, Eddie was in the bathroom looking at his gums and his body, where his bites were. There were just scars now. He wasn't as pale anymore and the bags under his eyes were gone.

I walked in behind him and hugged him, "I love you Mr. Munson", I said, kissing his back.

He turned to me, "and I love you Mrs. Munson", kissing me on my forehead.

"Guys......guys.....we have to go to the hospital, Max woke up!" Dustin ran into the bathroom screaming.

We quickly got dressed and drove to the hospital. Lucas met us at the door and there were balloons and our whole group in the room. Eddie and I walked up to her, letting her know we were here, she lost her eyesight because of Vecna.

She looked surprised, "Eddie, you're alive?"

Eddie held her hand, "yeah, thanks to you Red."

I hugged her mom and then everyone else. The doctor said she's going to have to have a lot of physical therapy but her brain function is good and she should make a full recovery.

(April 25, 1986)

We went to Eddie's first Hellfire Club meeting since his resurrection. Dustin was still the dungeon master which was fine with me because that meant I could cuddle next to Eddie.

"So when's the wedding?" Gareth asked.

"I think we've had enough excitement for one year so Monday we're going to city hall to make it official." Eddie said, holding me.

(June 7, 1986)

On Graduation day, we went to celebrate Robin and Jeff. The principal was naming students and they were coming up to receive their diplomas.

Once all the students walked across the stage the principal made a speech.

"We have had a lot of loss and a lot of heartbreak the past few years here in Hawkins. Today we remember Billy Hargrove, Chrissy Cunningham, Jason Carver, and everyone else we have lost. Tragedy is never easy, we also have to admit when we were wrong and we as a community owe an apology to one of our own. For acting before we spoke, we vilified this young man for the music he listened to and the way he looked. We know now that we were wrong and we hope that he and his family will accept our apology."

Eddie was looking at me, "what's happening?" he asked, I shrugged. "I have no idea..." That was a lie.

Mr. Higgins continued, "although he was unable to complete his senior year we would like to offer him his diploma and his completion of high school. We would also like to present the first ever Hawkins Hero award to Edward Munson. Mr. Munson, if you would please come on stage."

Eddie grabbed my hand, "it's okay baby..." I said, standing up and clapping with everyone else.

He stood up and kissed me, he high-fived the kids and went on stage. Mr. Higgins presented him with his diploma and the award.

"Mr. Munson, if you would please..." he asked him to say a few words.

Eddie approached the mic, "uhh, hi...."

Everyone chuckled.

"I....uh... wasn't expecting this, I was expecting to have to live in fear and in hiding for the rest of my life. I thank you for finally seeing me, for something other than a freak. I would never hurt anyone, it really broke me to watch my town turn on me. But, to see you here today supporting me brings me so much happiness. Thank you Mr. Higgins, thank you to my uncle Wayne for taking care of me and thank you to my beautiful, gorgeous, amazing wife, Lizzie for putting up with me and standing up for me. I love you so much. Thank you."