32 : Dive

"So... has she responded yet?" OJ asked, rather impatiently so.

"Nope. Completely ignoring us." Knife groaned, tapping the side of the laptop:

"Great." OJ said, intertwining his fingers. "How about we make a new account again? One that's not blocked."

"The problem isn't that she blocked us, we can still message her from this one. She's just straight up ignoring us." Knife said. He placed an elbow on the table, leaning the dull side of his head onto his fist.

OJ placed a hand on the rim of his cup for what felt like the billionth time this week. At first, when he had discovered Fan's account, he thought he could message Test Tube and get everything over with. But now that he was here, he was finding that getting her to say anything whatsoever was... difficult.

"Do you think she switched accounts?" OJ said.

"With how much we've been messaging her? Probably." Knife said. He reloaded the page, as if it might get Test Tube to respond quicker.

"Damn it..." OJ muttered. He could feel some of the hotel residents staring at him and Knife, though he supposed that's his fault for doing this in the lobby.

"She should be using the same device to run the account, right? What if we managed to track the new account?" Paper suggested, sitting on the other side of the table.

"You know how to do that?" OJ said, shocked.

"Well... no." Paper said. "But with so many people with so many different interests and personalities in this hotel, at least one of us has to know something about tech."

"Unfortunately for us, the two techies of the hotel happen to be the very people we're trying to track." Knife grunted, his tapping on the laptop growing fiercer. "We're gonna have to find some other way to contact her and come up with something to say so she'll actually respond this time."

"Don't give up on this idea so quickly." OJ said. "We can look up how to do whatever it is we need to do to find Test Tube's new account, then once we know, we'll be golden."

"Oh yeah, and I'm sure our CIA agents will be just fine with us trying to dox somebody." Knife said sarcastically, turning in his chair to face OJ. "Stop trying to make this idea work if it's not working in the first place."

"I'm pretty sure the government is going to be fine with us trying to find someone who's committed horrible enough crimes to be given a death sentence." OJ said.

"And what's finding her new account going to do? Hell, we don't even know if she actually has a new account, we're just assuming that!" Knife said, raising his voice.

"It'll help us find her location! Isn't that the entire point of all of this?" OJ shouted.

"Hey, hey, let's calm down! Arguing isn't going to help anybody!" Paper intervened, physically stepping between OJ and Knife. OJ had hardly even noticed Paper stood up. Even if there was quite the bit of buildup between the two objects, they stopped at Paper's request.

"Whatever. Do what you want to do, I need a break." Knife mumbled, standing up from his chair and walked away. OJ couldn't help but be disappointed as he watched Knife walk straight to the sofa and collapse on it, not caring that he was still in the same room as OJ.

"Well, if Knife doesn't want to do this, then fine. We'll just have to do it ourselves." OJ said, half to himself and half to Paper.

"No, Knife has a point." Paper said. "I understand why you're so desperate to do this, but at least take a break?"

"I don't think you get it." OJ mumbled.

"Then at least try to explain it to me?"

"...Okay. What's today's date?"