Chapter 11 - Sherry and Phil! <3

"I'm sorry N/N. I never should have pushed you. I never should have gotten angry at you. The truth is that you were right... I do like you. I think I love you."

F/N blushes when she hears Ray's sweet words. They echo in her head until she forces them out.

"Are you serious?"

Ray freezes. Her cold tone was not what he had expected to escape from her lips. He was thinking he'd receive more of a "I do too! Let's go sit by a bonfire and roast marshmallows and celebrate your early birthday together before you get shipped out!"

"What?"

He stutters.

"You shoved me into a lake. I almost died, Ray! And now you're saying what? That you're sorry? That you love me? I'll never forgive you, EVER, do you hear me Ray!? I HATE you!"

And then he woke up.

-

"Let's review."

Ray starts.

"Norman and Emma will inspect the outside above the wall. Don and Gilda, stand outside where you can see the 2nd floor window to the south. Stay alert, just in case I fail to distract Mom, I'll signal to you. And that's when you two tell Emma and Norman to cancel the inspection immediately."

Ray has been thinking a lot lately. He's been reliving the events that occurred in the last couple of days over and over again, but mostly just one. One little mistake that could cost him everything. Everything he's worked for, all he's studied, everything's he's planned, everyone he loves.

As he forces himself to walk up these stairs, Mom close behind him, Emma and Norman running through the forest, rushing to execute their inspection successfully, there's only one person he's actually thinking about.

Ever since F/N fell into that lake, everyone's looked at him differently. Mom, Norman, Gilda, Don, but ultimately its been Emma's cold shoulder that sends shivers down his spine.

"I got rid of her."

Ray turns around, trying to make sense of the words that interrupted his thoughts. Mama looks at him, a sinister grin planted on her face while as she opens her eyes and rewords her phrase:

"I've removed her from the equation."

Ray panics, and the plan that he formed and told all of his friends about quickly leaves his mind, leaving only one thought standing.

What has she done with N/N?

Ray grunts, and he runs up those stairs like he's never ran before. He doesn't play Tag, and he's not the stealthiest or the fastest, not even the smartest, but he runs until his hands are clenching the door knob separating him from F/N. He shoves the door out of his way and lets himself in. What he sees when he's finally inside allows himself to free the breath he hadn't noticed he was holding.

There she is. Sleeping peacefully. Mom says she doesn't know if she's going to wake up or not, and even if she does wake, she doesn't know when.

F/N is useless right now. Her brain can't be eaten if she's in a coma, and who knows what'll happen to her when she wakes up? What they'll do to her.

Just when Ray finishes that thought, Mom intervenes.

"Why would you think I was talking about N/N?"

He flinches. He can't bear to look at her- not right now.

"I would never do anything to harm any of my children. But you, Ray, harmed very valuable merchandise. And that is why our deal is officially over as of right now."