Chapter 12

Rosita: What's with the face? You were great! They loved you!

Johnny: Yeah, thanks, Rosita.

Buster: Alright. Welcome to all you new comers. You are just in time to meet a teenager who was recently dumped by her boyfriend.

Audience: Aw!

Pippa: I know, right? But she's going to chase those blues away with a song of her very own. Allow me to introduce the singing sensation... Ash.

(Audience cheers)

Buster: Judith?

Judith: You are all trespassing on private property...

Pippa: WHAT!?

Judith: And you will leave right now.

Buster: No, no, no. Judith...

Judith: All of you.

Ash: I followed my heart into the fire, got burned, got broken down by desire. I tried, I tried but the smoke in my eyes left me blurry, blurry and blind. I picked all the pieces up off the ground. Got dirt on my fingers but that's gone now. Got the glue in my hands and stickin' to the plan.

Judith: I am calling the police.

Ash: Stickin' to the plan that says "I can." Do anything at all. I can do anything at all. This is my kiss goodbye. You can stand alone and watch me fly 'cause nothing's keeping me down. Gonna let it all out. Come on and say right now, right now, right now.

Becky: Ugh, Seriously? She's not even that good.

Lance: Yeah, yeah. Totally.

Ash: This is my big hello 'cause I'm here and never letting go. I can finally see, it's not just a dream when you set it all free, all free, all free. You set it all free. (playing guitar) This is my big hello 'cause I'm here and never letting go. I can finally see, it's not just a dream when you set it all free, all free, all free. You set it all free. Uh, you guys okay?

(audience cheers)

Q-Teez: Ash! Ash! Ash!

Pippa: What about that? (laughs) We just witnessed a birth of a genuine rock star!

Ash: Moon, you, you got some stuck here. [pulls a quill out of Buster's face]

Buster: OW!

Pippa: He may be tiny, but there's no denying his enormous talent. Would you please welcome to the stage, Mike!

Rosita: What are you doing back here?

Mike: Relax, sweetheart. Just came back to show you bozos how it's really done. Now watch this. And now the end is near. So I face the final curtain. My friend, I'll say it clear. I'll state my case of which I'm certain.

(on TV)

Mike: I've lived a life that's full.

Bear Thug #2: Boss! That is him! That is Mike!

Mike: I've traveled each and every highway and more, much more than this I did it my way. Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention. I did what I had to do and saw it through without exception.

Big Daddy: I am so proud of you and I'm very happy to meet your girlfriend and her soon to be stepmother.

Mike: I planned each charted course. Each careful step along the byway and more, much more than this I did it my way. You gotta be kidding me. For what is a mouse, what has he got if not himself, then he has naught to say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels. The record shows I took the blows.